wrap around heel guard to save fenders

Reaction score
Okay...finished up my Frankenstein conversion...every thing went great. I'll post pictures as soon as I get a good sunny day lined up....needed to know what you guys are using or making to keep the passenger's boots ON the small floorboards? Not worried about pipes...worried about the foot moving off the boards and banging into my paint job on the fenders. I moved them from stock so that they're about an inch or two from the fender....but worry about the boots sliding off during riding. Spent (TOO) much money on a real flame job to match up with the orginial paint on the tank and fenders. I've looked up heel guards but also all of them are on the inside of the floorboards....I did find one that they called the Handicap heel guard that wrapped around the back of the floorboards a little better, but not quite enough for me. Thought I read about someone building something to go around the back half of the floorboards but can't find it now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

3M StoneGuard or Rhino Liner on the forward facing part of the fenders fenders or you will get rock chips in the paint soon.

Will also protect from boot marks

3M

Amazon has rolls of clear stone guard, as a cut to fit application, Plus it’s cheaper than pre-cut pieces. Easy application and removal If necessary.

Okay...finished up my Frankenstein conversion...every thing went great. I'll post pictures as soon as I get a good sunny day lined up....needed to know what you guys are using or making to keep the passenger's boots ON the small floorboards? Not worried about pipes...worried about the foot moving off the boards and banging into my paint job on the fenders. I moved them from stock so that they're about an inch or two from the fender....but worry about the boots sliding off during riding. Spent (TOO) much money on a real flame job to match up with the orginial paint on the tank and fenders. I've looked up heel guards but also all of them are on the inside of the floorboards....I did find one that they called the Handicap heel guard that wrapped around the back of the floorboards a little better, but not quite enough for me. Thought I read about someone building something to go around the back half of the floorboards but can't find it now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Al, without a picture of the floorboard, it is difficult to answer your question since so many different boards are being used.

I made one set for a customer that had polio as a kid and lost most control over their lower extremities. I used a 1/8" X 1 1/2" piece of steel and bent it into the shape I needed to keep his feet on the floorboards without the use of a velcro strap.

I made another out of 5/16" steel rod as well for another customer.

They make some like that right now but the don't fully wrap the back of the board like mine did.

So much depends on the type of board you wish to use.

I did this long ago and don't have pictures either.:Shrug:

Thanks guys for the information. I will try to get a picture of the boards and perhaps between all of us come up with a solution to the problem.

Thanks again and keep any additional ideas coming.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png