IMC Headset for Helmetless Riders

FRR

Oct 12, 2012
Batavia Ohio
Anyone out there tried the IMC headset for use with a half helmet or no helmet? Interested in hearing how pleased you were with the quality and craftsmanship.

If these are the ones on eBay that look like headphones ... and you need volume .. save your money ... I bought a couple different models and they don't press tight enough to your ears so you can hear with them.

If that is not what your talking about ... sorry to give ya bad info.

Well, from what I understand there is only one company, IMC that makes these overseas and no one in the US makes them because of liability issues. Several states have laws that forbid such an item from "covering" the riders ears. Speakers in helmets are lawful since they to do not technically cover the ears, but are simply inside and attached to the helmet. Sierra told me they have sold over 700 units in the past 2 years for Wing riders and over 600 for the Harley model. I asked about complaints from buyers and was told they have very few. And, I can use my 7 pin connector without changing the pigtail or line to the wiring harness back to my PTT connector. That way I can still use my hand mic if I so desire. I'll wait until Spring and buy a set.

i've had a set over a year now..they work really good..i wear a 1/2 helmet...the only thing i did was put a small bandaide over the mic under the windsock to cut down on wind noise.. other than that they are well built and work great

i've had a set over a year now..they work really good..i wear a 1/2 helmet...the only thing i did was put a small bandaide over the mic under the windsock to cut down on wind noise.. other than that they are well built and work great

Thank you very much for your response

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png