Tough Day Super Sad Losing My Aussie Cat

Zook I hate this for you and her.I've had cats and dogs my whole life and they are like your kid.I know full well the pain of loosing the special ones and will be thinking of you tomorrow.We your Trike Talk family are here for you whenever you need us.

Loss is loss ... when my little buddy Harley lost his eye ... I was okay until I got home from taking him to the vet ... he had to stay and have surgery to remove the remaining parts of his eye. As soon as I got home, I went into shock, chills, shaking the whole gambit ... guess the adrenaline wore off ... I can not imagine how I'm gonna be when I have to put him down ... I'm gonna need sedatives I'm pretty sure.

God's peace will only take us so far ... then we need to go through the grieving process and it's a bugger.

Randy, you're in my prayers.

It’s a tuff one for sure Randy .

As far as being sentimental, your just one of the good people , as Thers others that would tie there tails together and fling them over a clothesline. The same as Pit Bull fighting. There the Evil People !

Once I had three, now none, no more noise , and I still go to let them out.

As still undecided on any more at this point. Folks here tell me to remember the good times I’ve had with them. And the rainbow bridge is there heaven. Knowing that my 3 are together again gives me closure. But YES, I do miss them a lot .

I can remember every pet I had back to childhood. Pets are special and when they are gone it leaves a hole in your heart. I have had to put down three dogs and one cat that adopted us just disappeared. I walked the entire 9 acres and half of the neighbors' property looking for that cat and never found a trace. That was 8 years ago and I still wonder what happened to her.

It is never easy to have to make this decision. Just know that it is the best decision for her at this stage and she will not have to suffer any longer.

Sunman

I don't mind admitting that I am having a tough time letting go of my best fur buddy Aussie, my cat. Some of you will not understand, but others will, I know BillR does and he sure loved his cat Mandy.

There was a time I didn't understand how close a person, especially a grown man could become so attached to a dog or cat, but over time I do understand and my heart aches that I have to put her down tomorrow. I went through the same thing with another cat about 6 months ago and now going through it again, both being taken too soon by mammary cancer. I'm going to post some pictures in her memory in a bit.

I know one thing, I seem to be getting more sentimental in my old age, will be turning 63 tomorrow. Anyone else experiencing this?

I feel for you, pets are easy to get attached to, we lost our little dog last year and it was like losing a kid.

Thanks everyone, so glad that there are animal lovers here that can relate. The hardest part is over but she sure will be missed. Marge and I both shed some tears over her, tried to keep it together at the Vet, but there was just no way to stop the tears. I can only imagine what losing a child is like.

Thanks everyone, so glad that there are animal lovers here that can relate. The hardest part is over but she sure will be missed. Marge and I both shed some tears over her, tried to keep it together at the Vet, but there was just no way to stop the tears. I can only imagine what losing a child is like.

My wife and I both lost it at the vet. I'm glad we had each other to lean on.

Randy - so sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. We currently have 4 - - one only has 3 legs. You will be in our hearts and thoughts...

[SIZE=+1]Just this side of heaven isa place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor;those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the greengrass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet,you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

[/SIZE]

Sorry for your loss and I completely understand as I have had several pass during my almost 73 years. Each one takes a part of me with them and I get to keep all of the good, and not so good, memories they provided. They are family.

My beautiful Doberman, Tasha, helped raise two kids for thirteen years along with her feline buddy, Sammy. My next dog, a wonderful mixed breed from the rescue center helped raised four grandchildren. Their pictures are in all of the family albums. There's a reason for that.

I've been accused of being too protective of this forum and even been called some really bad names by some who just pushed things way too far, so they had to go and believe me when I say it brings knots to my stomach to have to go to the point of suspending a member, it is the part of the job I like the least.

Folks like you all are the reason I have limits on how far I let the few and far between haters and drama queens go (not women). This family is far too good to let a few bad apples spoil the bunch and 99% of our members are super fine people. I appreciate the kind souls of my TT family more than you all will ever know.

I've been accused of being too protective of this forum and even been called some really bad names by some who just pushed things way too far, so they had to go and believe me when I say it brings knots to my stomach to have to go to that point, it is the part of the job I like the least.

Folks like you all are the reason I have limits on how far I let the few and far between haters and drama queens go (not women). This family is far too good to let a few bad apples spoil the bunch and 99% of our members are super fine people. I appreciate the kind souls of my TT family more than you all will ever know.

Hay Zook, this is your house. Your rules. Respect is the word along with appreciation. It’s gona happen as thers evil out there ! Keep up the spirit it’s working just fine :clapping:

I've been accused of being too protective of this forum and even been called some really bad names by some who just pushed things way too far, so they had to go and believe me when I say it brings knots to my stomach to have to go to that point, it is the part of the job I like the least.

You are NOT the bad guy

We start out as guests here, some stay, some move on, some just cant play nice with others

It is an Ugly job but by God you just have to do it for the good of the Forum we love to be on

Thanks for having me:clapping:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png