Need some help/advice.

Another gorgeous day in the neighborhood .... 47*, sunny, and no wind ... really nice.

I went out and finished de Alan izing Helga. Except for two inlet chrome vents on the lower faring, clutch and brake levers, the luggage rack and rider backrest, she is now bone stock. I was amazed at how easy it was to take stuff off ... no adjusting to get it just right. Remove, clean up, and move on. She looks really good for a bike that is 16 years old.

So now ... I am waiting for the first of the year and the weather. Trying to drag a Gold Wing on a trailer across the Rockies in January is not an easy proposition ... but it will happen.

Tomorrow Tomorrow I'll Love You Tomorrow

Just be glad this is text and not audio ... I can't carry a tune in a bucket.

So, I kind of have pulled the trigger on the Silver 06 Wing ... just as a reminder, she's bone stock, ABS, Navi, Comfort. She only has 14k miles on her. An older gentleman owned her and put like 5k on her in 07 then like around 1k a year since then. She is actually Adventure Brown I guess, but, to me it looks silver. Same color as Paw's trike, so I think it will hide the glorious Colorado dust well.

Okay, I've been trying to get the 300 miles over the Rockies for about 3 weeks now. The dealer said I could come any day even though the dealership was closed for Christas and New Years. I played nice and scheduled for today. Was supposed to be going today, but, I woke up New Years Eve to 8" of snow. I was so obsessed with the mountains, never thought about my place. Of course Helga is nose in the garage. I did shovel all the snow I could off the driveway and as of yesterday morning, still had some ice on the drive. Pushed the trip back a day and spent yesterday shoveling and brushing the driveway. Since it was sunny and in the 20's, it didn't go as well as I would of hoped, but, now I have a clean drive for the upper 2/3's, so I should have room to pull her out, turn her around and get her on the trailer. My cul-de-sac is snow packed and icy, but, I'll be fine once the bike is on the trailer.

I70 is basically dry from here to I25. I25 has a few icy spots, but Denver is supposed to be in the high 30's today, so, this too shall pass. I won't get to Denver until noonish tomorrow, so, the ice that may form tonight should be gone too.

So, with God's help and some patience, this looks like it will go down tomorrow 2ish. With daylight being at a premium, and me not being willing to drive the mountains in the dark at any time of the year, I'm gonna spend the night in Fort Collins and leave like 9:30 Friday morning which should get me home around 5pm.

Good luck! I'm hoping to meet you at the 4 Corners Rally on the new to you GW.

I'm riding from Missouri with a GW friend of mine.:cool:

I'm getting old ... you'll have to remind me about that ... :D ... but I'm sure I can get there ... pretty close to me if nothing else ... maybe lunch :D

I'm all packed and the weather just keeps getting better ... the Western slope is looking like 40's tomorrow and 50's Friday.

Here's Helga:

Loaded.jpeg

The silver really looks good. Helga worried me when you talked about the electrical work done on it.

Are you going to have to service her & change all the fluids?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png