Need some help/advice.

Another door has been opened for you

Good on you, I am happy for you:clapping:

Thanks ... I hated to get rid of Helga ... finally had her where I wanted her ... but ... the new to me bike is prime for triking in a couple years ... very clean ... .14k miles ... and a color that won't show the dirt too much. And be cooler in the summer ... maybe.

The down side ... now I have to take off the stuff I just put on. Spent four hours today. Still have the windshield to swap, trailer hitch, CD BT thingie, Handle Bar Risers,Belly Pan, and SiriusXM to remove. I'm guessing 4 more hours to be done. The we play the weather waiting game ... the dealer said he'd make an appointment while they are closed if there is a nice day next week, but, looking like snow in the mountains next week.Probably the 2nd or 3rd when I get it.

One more pic ... the inspiration for the name ... I am taking some liberties here ... "I'm not bad, I'm just designed that way."

Jessica Silver 1500 x 1000.jpg

I loved the movie Roger Rabbit ... and the Line, "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way."

Congratulations Fuzzy! Nice looking new ride! Jessica should make a nice trike! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! And good luck with the upcoming knee surgery.

Congratulations Fuzzy! Nice looking new ride! Jessica should make a nice trike! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! And good luck with the upcoming knee surgery.

Thanks ... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year back at ya ... Knee is scheduled for 01/29/19. Looking forward to the rehab, then the lack of pain. :D

Let us know how it goes Fuzz, I might be facing the same problem soon.

If the left goes as well as the right ... I'll be a happy man. Been toying with the idea of spending the extra week in the "Community Living Center", the VA's rehab/terminal living center.

I should be able to head home in three days, but, I will not have any follow up care there. It's just me and my mother at my house. Mom is 85 and although I can't keep up with her, physically, she doesn't have the strength to help if I get in trouble. Not to mention, she would have a hard time helping me get the dreaded compression socks on and off or the bandage replacement that needs to be done daily.

A new consideration reared it's ugly head a day or so ago. I was reviewing my journal for the last knee replacement period, and remembered that for 10 days after surgery, they want you to take injections (in the stomach) to help minimize blood clots. Not sure I could give myself those shots and I know I'm not letting Mom do them. I could give those shots to anyone else, but, there's something about giving them to myself that is "troubling".

The good news ... the CLC is not a bad place, my only objection is that the beds are not designed for sleeping. They are designed to allow a nurse to "manipulate" a patient. Took me several weeks to get my back calmed down after my last visit,

Oh well, what ever I decide, I'm looking forward to getting it done and being rid of pain. Never thought my left knee was in bad shape, until I got the new right one. Apparently, God figured I could handle the left knee pain after the right knee pain was gone ... lucky me. After the right knee was replaced, it was like 4 days and 90% of my pain was gone, replaced with a dull ache that has dwindled to next to nothing over the last year and getting less all the time.

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks Fuzz, I am subscribed. I've had a hip replaced, and I've heard the knee thing is much worse, oh well, ya do what ya gotta do.

Thanks ... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year back at ya ... Knee is scheduled for 01/29/19. Looking forward to the rehab, then the lack of pain. :D

What is the chances of this, I am scheduled to get my left knee done on the same day.

Scheduled for 7:00 AM., hope the surgeon is awake!

Back