Brake/Running light for Freewheeler Trunk Rack

About time. That's cool. Had the Air Wing tour-pak rack on three different CVO Ultras / Limiteds and added the H-D LED lights to them. Now they were the bomb as long as your were riding or a cold dark moonless night. Otherwise if it was daylight you couldn't see the LEDs for love nor money. Knowing Custom Dynamics I bet these are super bright. Good on them.

Reactions: MDO
Just ordered it yesterday so soon as I get it and installed pics will be added. Although the video shows it to be a lot brighter than Harley's set up.

Got the kit and it installed super easy. Little teething problems with the female plug in harness, but I worked out the bugs with a great tech at Custom Dynamics. Photos will come soon as the weather clears and I can roll the bike out in to the sunlight. You do not have to remove the rack if it is already installed. Pulling the wiring through the rack and in to the trunk was simple. Attaching the light on with allen head bolts is just as simple. Make sure you remove the nut and washers on the rack leg that has the hole in it, as pulling the wiring through with the pins attached may get them tear them off. The instructions are clear except on putting the pins in the connector. There are three colors on the wiring from the light: Blue, Black and Yellow. Match the yellow with red on the female connector attached to Custom Dynamics harness. Make sure the pins are locked in to the connector. This is a very straight foward job without any special tools and for $70 bucks totally worthwhile. The light is bright and the brake light more so. Photos to come.

Reactions: GTK
Yup.Gonna order the light.These people are gettin stupider by the week.Yesterday a rider turning left into the dealership got rear ended here.4 lane with a turning lane and still.

Got the kit and it installed super easy. Little teething problems with the female plug in harness, but I worked out the bugs with a great tech at Custom Dynamics. Photos will come soon as the weather clears and I can roll the bike out in to the sunlight. You do not have to remove the rack if it is already installed. Pulling the wiring through the rack and in to the trunk was simple. Attaching the light on with allen head bolts is just as simple. Make sure you remove the nut and washers on the rack leg that has the hole in it, as pulling the wiring through with the pins attached may get them tear them off. The instructions are clear except on putting the pins in the connector. There are three colors on the wiring from the light: Blue, Black and Yellow. Match the yellow with red on the female connector attached to Custom Dynamics harness. Make sure the pins are locked in to the connector. This is a very straight foward job without any special tools and for $70 bucks totally worthwhile. The light is bright and the brake light more so. Photos to come.

Thanks for the update, very helpful. Looking forward to the photos. One would think custom dynamics would have better and more photo of a new product.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png