6 degree rake

Hornbeak

Jan 10, 2019
manila, ar usa
I have seen a few comments about the 6 degree rake front end. Is this a factory thing? If so do all trikes have it, if not, when did they start it. Looking at a 2004 trike, how can I tell if it has it?

It is not added to all trikes ... although most conversions have some rake. The additional rake makes it easier to steer.

If you look at the gap between the front wheel and the lower cowl and compare that to a stock wing, you will be able to tell if it's got some additional rake added. I don't know if there is anyway to tell how much rake has been added. It may be stamped on the triple trees, but, I'm not sure they do that. There are formulas to measure the actual trail and rake of a trike, but, they are way above my pay grade. Do a search for rake and trail and you'll find lots of info.

I can't imagine anyone triking a Goldwing without at least some additional rake being added, but, I suppose it could happen. The rake kits are an additional expense.

The advent of longer wheel-based conversions and Independent Suspension of these conversions has made the E-Z Steer, or raked triple tree, a needed and desired upgrade. Very popular now on just about all conversions.:)

The advent of longer wheel-based conversions and Independent Suspension of these conversions has made the E-Z Steer, or raked triple tree, a needed and desired upgrade. Very popular now on just about all conversions.:)

Agree! Conversions such as Hannigan make the 6 deg rake a nice addition.

I would not use 6deg on the short wheel base conversions!

If the triple trees on the trike you're looking at are aluminum, most likely your forks are raked.

Agree! Conversions such as Hannigan make the 6 deg rake a nice addition.

I would not use 6deg on the short wheel base conversions!

If the triple trees on the trike you're looking at are aluminum, most likely your forks are raked.

Please define "short wheel base" vs "long wheel base". What measurements are considered the dividing line between the two.

CSC,Roadsmith,Hannigan are considered longer wheelbase.Champion,Lehman,DFT,Motortrike are shorter wheelbase.Basically the short wheelbase trikes trikes have the same or almost same wheelbase as the stock 2 wheeler had.

Please define "short wheel base" vs "long wheel base". What measurements are considered the dividing linebetween the two.

Pic ofshort wheel base
4447984_orig.jpg

Note the front of the rear fender is even with the riders seat back

Pic of long(extended wheel base:

GL1800-Red-side-350x233.jpg

Front of fender approx even with passenger seat

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png