painted inner fairing

leonard

70+ Posts
Oct 30, 2014
kearney mo.
Just had a painted inner fairing installed at my house by Fairing Xchange. Very good job took about one hour in vivid black. 450.00 dollars might want to check him out. He is out of orange florida doing a pass around the country, on his way back now.:clapping:

I have a friend that has a 2003 ultra in vivid black, he was thinking of having his inner fairing painted and he had some bids from local painters and they were not badly priced at all, just that he had to tear it apart which is no big deal. He had some stuff that he used on his truck to bring some parts back to black, he thought he would try it and be dammed, it worked great, looks just like new, it took time but the end result made him very happy and saved him some money to boot.

If I remember right it called back to black, not sure but auto stores, discount stores have this product in the auto section. Just giving a heads up for people that have a black inner fairing.

Glad your happy with what you did.

All for now Trampas

Just had a painted inner fairing installed at my house by Fairing Xchange. Very good job took about one hour in vivid black. 450.00 dollars might want to check him out. He is out of orange florida doing a pass around the country, on his way back now.:clapping:

Pictures please.

I had Fairing Exchange do mine in Cave Creek during AZ Bike week 2017. Took about an hour.

They were not very busy, no waiting. The guy that helped me said that they were not doing as many inner fairings in Arizona as they would typically do at Daytona, so their trip west was hardly worth it.

They also had the under-seat thigh heat deflectors in colors so I got those too.

inner fairing.jpg

Leonard,

Have you noticed any glare bothering you since you had the inner fairing painted? I have a vivid black TG also and would appreciate your feedback. The painted ones look great, but the glare on a sunny day is my only concern before I pull the trigger as well. Thanks.

I had a white and blue Ultra that I put the painted blue inner faring on ... hated it ... showed all the dust and the inner faring became a pain to keep clean ... MHO.

Should of done it in white.

I have a friend that has a 2003 ultra in vivid black, he was thinking of having his inner fairing painted and he had some bids from local painters and they were not badly priced at all, just that he had to tear it apart which is no big deal. He had some stuff that he used on his truck to bring some parts back to black, he thought he would try it and be dammed, it worked great, looks just like new, it took time but the end result made him very happy and saved him some money to boot.

If I remember right it called back to black, not sure but auto stores, discount stores have this product in the auto section. Just giving a heads up for people that have a black inner fairing.

Glad your happy with what you did.

All for now Trampas

Do you know of the manufacturer? Amazon has a bunch listed.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png