2016 FLRT WITH V&H, best way to make louder

I just bought a 2016 FLRT that has Vance & Hines mufflers. But it doesn’t have the loud, throaty sound that I like. I know removing the baffles is not good. So I’m asking for some advice. Any idea what would be the best way to go?

Thank you

Hi Ron,:wave4:

:welcome: to our Trike Talk Family.:wave4::wave4:

Ron, all of my Harley's from past years were set up with Rhinehart's.

They, to me, produced the most pleasant Harley motor note with or without cam upgrades.

However, I ended up wearing ear plugs when traveling consistent highway speeds. I still have my hearing due to wearing the plugs.:D

Reactions: MDO
Welcome from central Texas. Tell us which slip-ons you have. If you're not sure, check V&H web site. Maybe then, someone can help with more info.

I just bought a 2016 FLRT that has Vance & Hines mufflers. But it doesn’t have the loud, throaty sound that I like. I know removing the baffles is not good. So I’m asking for some advice. Any idea what would be the best way to go?

Thank you

Welcome from Missouri!:cool:

Your not giving us much info to work with. Has the air intake been modified? Has it been tuned?

It all works together. I would contact 1 of our sponsors, DK Custom Products, they are great at stage 1 performance upgrades and are good to work with and have excellent customer service.

If you still have stock headers the sound of any slipons will not be as deep as with aftermarket headers.

BTW quiet baffles are not really quiet. Had them on my Low Rider and made the sound less barky/raspy, not more quiet - still set off car alarms

Welcome to the Forum.When it comes to getting the right sound you want,it could become a pit where you throw your money in. I would suggest going to bike events like what most HD dealers hold and see if you find the sound your looking for and copy what that owner has done. JMHO

Muffler help

Thanks for all the replies and welcomes. I’m sorry there wasn’t much info. I just bought this December 8 used from Harley dealer. It’s winter and so haven’t gone ridden much. I bought it and they had V&H mufflers and mustang seat. A tach was added. Everything else as far as I can tell so far is stock. I traded a 2011 Road King with Rineharts. Loved that sound and that bike. But my wife has had 3 hip replacements and to keep her safer went with Freewheeler. Don’t have the money to change to Rineharts so I need to work with what I have. Looking at ways to get that Harley rumble without changing mufflers our. Hope this helps explain a little better.

I saw saw someone had cut their baffles down but don’t know how much they cut.

Just looking for for any advice from guys who’ve had theirs a while. Freewheeler is new to me.

Thats what I'm running. removed baffles and using these. He says it has more power with baffles removed and these installed. untill it warms up and the snows gone, then the mud dries up. I wont know.... But it does sound good...

I used them [Thunder Torque's] in 11 my Tri-Glide....They flat out work....:clapping:....

Back in the last century we would make our own, And they were called Lollipops...

Hello From Missouri Ron and Welcome to the forum.

Go to the main page of the Freewheeler Forum and scroll down to

"Thread: What did you do to your Freewheeler Exhaust...."

Post # 7 has a video with 20 different exhaust systems for your listening pleasure...

I went with SVT Boneshakers on mine. But there are many options

Keep at least 2 out of three wheels on the ground at all times.....:Dorag:

Welcome again!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png