Started Fixing Jessica

Today was a nice day .. mid 40's, but, alas the VA had some pre surgical stuff for me ... so didn't get much done. I did attack the rear seat heater switch and got it working smooth.

I installed little concave spot mirrors on both GW mirrors and was contemplating taking the seat off and running my power take off fuze block.

Fuse Block.jpg

This little dude allows me to hook one set of power and ground wires to the switched power connection of the fuse box and then I can run stuff like power for the trailer hitch power to the isolated wire harness, extra charging ports in the trunk for the Sirius Radio and my GoPro batteries, and whatever else I need to power. My phone will be charged from the left front pocket port port. I highly recommend something like this, way safer than 4 or 5 inline fused connections all hocked up to the battery or the switched power connection. You can size fuzes for individual circuits, it's probably cheaper than the inline route too, only paid $9.99 for this one.

Well .. I got done "tinning" the wire ends and was ready to get started, when a thought hit me. After Monday, just 3 days from now, it will be about 4-6 weeks before I feel secure enough on the new knee to ride (maybe less :D) ... so why not get on her and put some actual miles on her. My first thought was the 105 mile one way ride to Green River Ut for a burger ... when I hit I70, that thought died a horrible death. I haven't hooked up power for the heated gear yet, and with just a jacket, gloves and a helmet, at 75 mph, it got chilly really quick. Made it to Fruita, maybe 15-20 miles, opted for breakfast for lunch at Starvin Arvins ... all good. Took the longer way home, 20-25 miles cause it has some twisties to play on. All in all ... a good day. All the stuff waiting for Jessica will be there after rehab.

Probably gonna do some little rides around the valley in the next 3 days to get my Jessica fix before surgery.

I did get this in the mail today ... gotta figure out where to mount it on her:

Jessica 15.35 Disney.jpg

It's a pin, but, I'm gonna cut the pin off and mount it somewhere with double sided Gorilla Tape ... probably the fuel door.

Not much

Not much time today ... surgery tomorrow ... but I wanted to get the Jessica pin installed ... afraid I'd loose it.

Here she is ... I found a spot where I can see her and she's not much in the weather. I did put double sided gorilla tape on her then did two coats of uv protecting clear verithane (sp?). I also had to gently bend her to fit the contour of the speedo cover ... I think she looks good.

2019-01-28 12.09.29.jpg

And as promised, here's a picture of the front dash area, shows the brake reservoir covers, bar ends, Jessica and the Butler mounted.

2019-01-28 12.09.37.jpg

Pardon the garage junk .. gonna call American Pickers one day .. LOL.

Probably my last post for awhile ... knee replacement tomorrow. Take care and play nice.

Hope all goes well for you Fuzzy, let us know how you are feeling when you get a chance.

They pushed my knee surgery back to Monday 2/4, I'll be a week behind you in recovery.

Hope all goes well for you Fuzzy, let us know how you are feeling when you get a chance.

They pushed my knee surgery back to Monday 2/4, I'll be a week behind you in recovery.

Best wishes to you too. It was a pleasure meeting you in Kerrville. I hope you are able to make it this year.

Alan could not get an internet connection established in the hospital room in order to be able to post here, so a few minutes ago he texted me asking to let everyone know that the surgery went well and to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

:clapping: Good to hear :clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png