Started Fixing Jessica

It was bound to happen

As it does every morning, the sun came up.

Here's a brighter pic of the stubbies:

Left

Stubby Left.jpg

Right

Stubby Right.jpg

Kind of like them, but,

i've got something in the works that might just trump them ... :D

I've been called fickle

And I guess that's true.

Although I absolutely hated the chrome saddle bag and trunk trim on the black bike (Helga), I held a piece of it against Jessica and thought it might look good on her. Since I was gonna fix the one AMG badge (it was crooked), I figured what the heck, put them on and see how they look.

Right Side:

Trim Right.jpg

Rear:

Trim Rear.jpg

Left:

Trim Left.jpg

Kind of like the look, but, the jury is still out.

While admiring the trunk organizer

Fedex showed up.

This is what came:

Y181P.jpg

Pricy, but, my plan is to paint the 2' fire sticks, again. This time using the Challenger Brown Y181P Honda paint code, from this rattle can.

Since it was sunny and sneaking up on 55*, I did paint them. 2 coats, I still need to put the clear coat on, but, I think they are gonna be spectacular on the bike. Hard to see in the pic, but, here it is.

2019-03-01 14.48.56.jpg

a little closer

2019-03-01 14.49.12.jpg

I purchased some blue brush on and tried to paint the wires, before, when the antennas were grey, but, apparently, I'm not as steady as I once was. Real disaster. So, I'm gonna try this. We'll see, I kind of like the stubbies. maybe paint them Challenger Brown??? Nah, they kind of match the bases.

Only five left.

Only five items left.

Belly Pan

Trailer Hitch

Air Wings

ISO Grips

Ride On in the Tires

Might ask my buddy to come over and help with the hitch and belly pan. I have this vision of me getting down on the ground and not being able to get up, knee is good, but, why chance it. He's the only guy I would let work on Jessica, he was my helper with pools and very good with a wrench.

I'll wait on the air wings until I decide if I like the chrome trim on the trunk and bags. If I decide I do, I will order the chrome molding for the faring where the air wings bolt on, that way I put holes in it instead of the painted ones.

The ride on might be a buddy help too ... thinking easier on the ground.

So that is a wrap for the first day of March.

I like the look of the freshly match-painted 2’ fire sticks. When you get a chance, put them on the bike and take a pic out in the sun.

Rain today

I thought it was April showers that brought May flowers but we are supposed to have rain most of the next week.

Pouring when I got home from the VA, so, I put the ceramic stuff on the painted antennas. If we aren't flooded out in the morning, I'll mount them. Might be a day or so before we have sun.

Jury is in

So, I've been sitting in the garage, watching the rain and decided I like the chrome on Jessica. With the lighter color, the chrome is not so much "in your face". To that end, I ordered the side trim for the front fairing in chrome.

These pieces:

Faring Trim 68.95 Show Chrome.jpg

The plus, when I have to drill out the trim to mount the Baker Built Air Wings, the Chrome ones will get the holes. Just noticed, the baker wings in the picture are under the trim. Pretty sure mine mount over the trim.

Since I was shopping, I also ordered the little chrome trim piece for the rear fender and two extensions for the helmet locks.

So, I'm back to 8 on the install, but these three will take 15 minutes max.

Why do they call the color Challenger Brown when the bike looks silver? :xzqxz:

Dunno ... but ... in some lighting conditions the "brown" is really apparent. The logic for naming these colors is above my pay grade. The challenger brown has also been called titanium, which makes way more sense. But Honda named it and I just go with the flow.

I do believe the "brown" in it is what makes it "appear" cleaner when dusty. When I drove Carla's trike in Kerrville, I was impressed with the ability the paint had to "hide" the Texas dust and still look "clean". Of course, here we get dust from Utah which is more red-ish, but, I think it will do well with that dust too. Since I have about 100 miles on her since January 3rd, hard to tell yet.

Since it poured today

I did some tinkering.

I'm not wild about the look of the GPS shade, so I've been thinking of how to protect the LCD, don't want to go through the replace again ... getting too old for that stuff ... LOL.

So I let my mind wander ... a dangerous thing for sure :AGGHH: ... I figure I can use the shade on long trips, and that should be fine. Around town, my thought is the direct sun light when parked is probably a big contributor to the demise of the LCD. Kind of like the Tulsa windshields "melting" the dash gauges on the 1500's. I may still have a windshield cover around here somewhere ... that may help with this too. Now Honda says it was because people where pressing on the screen thinking it was a touch screen, and that kind of makes sense. But I figure, protecting it from direct sunlight when not in use couldn't hurt.

So I looked around my "junk" and found a piece of foam from an old air conditioner mounting kit. (Alan doesn't throw anything he thinks he can use away) and I made a piece of foam that is snug fit into the LCD well. Only problem, once it's in there, pretty tough to get out. I also found a length of the soft side of velcro with adhesive on one side. I made a tab to pull it out with and I think it will work fine. Should fit in the left pocket when not in use.

Here it is:

2019-03-02 19.12.54.jpg

I did some tinkering.

I'm not wild about the look of the GPS shade, so I've been thinking of how to protect the LCD, don't want to go through the replace again ... getting too old for that stuff ... LOL.

So I let my mind wander ... a dangerous thing for sure :AGGHH: ... I figure I can use the shade on long trips, and that should be fine. Around town, my thought is the direct sun light when parked is probably a big contributor to the demise of the LCD. Kind of like the Tulsa windshields "melting" the dash gauges on the 1500's. I may still have a windshield cover around here somewhere ... that may help with this too. Now Honda says it was because people where pressing on the screen thinking it was a touch screen, and that kind of makes sense. But I figure, protecting it from direct sunlight when not in use couldn't hurt.

So I looked around my "junk" and found a piece of foam from an old air conditioner mounting kit. (Alan doesn't throw anything he thinks he can use away) and I made a piece of foam that is snug fit into the LCD well. Only problem, once it's in there, pretty tough to get out. I also found a length of the soft side of velcro with adhesive on one side. I made a tab to pull it out with and I think it will work fine. Should fit in the left pocket when not in use.

Here it is:

View attachment 68432

Something like a crown royal bag might work if it is large enough. I won't go into consuming the continues of the bottle. :xzqxz:

Jessica is really looking good.

Ding Ding Ding ....

I believe we have a winner.

So now that the ceramic stuff cured ... I mounted the antennas ... I do believe I like the color matched antennas.

We still have no sun, but, I took pics anyway.

Left:

Left.jpg

Right:

Right.jpg

Since it was a crummy day ...

Spitting rain and more coming. The ceramic stuff says to do it on an overcast day or indoors. Since I had both ... I finished up the rest of the pieces that I hadn't got to. So, in 12 hours or so, she'll be done.

I did the right and left pockets too ... we'll see how it does on the plasticized pieces. If it works as good as I think it will ... I'm gonna do the rest of the plasticized pieces.

It started pouring again, so, I closed the garage and made a run for the house before I melted.

Tomorrow is supposed to be just partly sunny and no rain. Thinking the ISO Grips will get done, and pics of the ceramic stuff.

My buddy is gonna come help me on Tuesday, so maybe the "laying on the floor" stuff will get done then.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png