Freewheeler detachable luggage rack

Bryan

30+ Posts
Reaction score
hello I own a freewheeler just wondering if any has seen a detachable luggage rack..

I haven't..I came up with a good idea for one..Come spring I am going to ride up to orange county choppers and have the guys fabricate it for me.

Photos will follow

hello I own a freewheeler just wondering if any has seen a detachable luggage rack..

I haven't..I came up with a good idea for one..Come spring I am going to ride up to orange county choppers and have the guys fabricate it for me.

Photos will follow

Good luck. Personally , I use my rack all the time, but it would be nice to detach it to wax the trunk.

The Harley rack seems sort of oversized. I’m on the lookout for something different

I have used it on long trips & was very happy with it. I know other Mfg's make some. Try Revzilla or Dennis Kirk online stores or Amazon/eBay.

luggage rack

my idea is to have a detachable one..

you know how the back rest for the passenger goes into the fiberglass.

I am going to have a rack designed to fit into those holes..

and I was thinking of having it go over the passenger seat so I can still lift the trunk easily.

or maybe have some sort of hinge..

anyway this spring I will ride the trike to orange county choppers and give them my ideas and see what they come up with..

I will post pictures when done

Luggage rack

I had toyed with the idea, but looking at the fw lid opening right to left and picturing the hinges being ripped out of the fiberglass body by the weight of the tour pack deterred it. HD says no more than 50 lbs on rack (thats still a formidable amount bouncing up and down). Then removing pack every time you access trunk would get old quick. I (doesn't have to be you!) use a hd travel bag that is supported by a flap over the passenger backrest. Still a pain, but easy to remove to access trunk

I had toyed with the idea, but looking at the fw lid opening right to left and picturing the hinges being ripped out of the fiberglass body by the weight of the tour pack deterred it. HD says no more than 50 lbs on rack (thats still a formidable amount bouncing up and down). Then removing pack every time you access trunk would get old quick. I (doesn't have to be you!) use a hd travel bag that is supported by a flap over the passenger backrest. Still a pain, but easy to remove to access trunk

I remember different numbers. 50 lbs. in the trunk & 10 lbs. on the rack.

Luggage

I stand corrected. That makes it even more difficult to fabricate. Supports would have to be added to passenger backrest mounts, and somehow in the trunk. If someone one can engineer it, make sure to get a patent, a lot of fw owners would be interested.

Solo seat and Removable luggage rack

My wife wants a solo seat which I can make. Since she is getting the trike repainted her colors I can make a fiberglass cover for the wires, and a rack behind the seat before the trunk lid would be awesome. Let me know how yours turns out

I stand corrected. That makes it even more difficult to fabricate. Supports would have to be added to passenger backrest mounts, and somehow in the trunk. If someone one can engineer it, make sure to get a patent, a lot of fw owners would be interested.

too bad i dont have a hd trike near by

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png