Some Wintertime Bike Care Tips if You Ride

skuuter

10000+ Posts
Apr 23, 2010
Estill Springs, Tn, USA
Since I ride year round, and have done it for decades, here are a few Tips I have ended up with over the years......

* Wipe Your Wheels down with WD-40 on a cloth before ridin' on Salted Roads...it will help repel salt damage

* Armour All is good on Seats and Rubber Parts, but They really need to be kept sprayed with Silicone

* Check Your Tire Pressure religiously....Cold Temps will cup a tire that's under-inflated really quickly

* Your Trike will fair better the less times You pull it in and out of a warm place each day. Sitting out all day affects it less than the Temp changes

* Make sure Your Trike was waxed heavily before Winter, and Honda Polish, Plexxus, etc. is Your Winter Friend

* Keep Your Windshield and Lights clean....UV Rays love to attack through Winter grit

* Rinse Your Trike as often as Temps will allow...including underneath

* Keep snaps on Fender Bras, etc. smeared with grease, and remove the accumulated debri from behind them often

* I ride a lot of miles regardless of weather or season, and I change my oil about 1000 miles sooner in Winter...pulling in and out of Garages into the cold adds extra condensation

* Let Your engine warm to almost normal operating temp before heading out...also cuts down on unwanted internal engine condensation, and on some Trikes, easier on the Trans

Hope a Few of These Tips help.....Feel Free to add more....."Never Too Much Knowledge"........ThumbUp:wtg:

If you ride on dry salted roads or, especially, in the slop, make sure you give your trike a very good wash before you leave it in a heated area. If you can't get to it quickly, it is best to leave it out in the cold. Salt will attack your ride less if it is suspended ice rather than in water, or if it is dry salt dust a cold trike and warm air will equal condensation, and when combined with the salt dust will lead to rust.

When we lived in snow country where salt was used I put the bike and trike away for the season, and didn't put it on the road until rain had washed the roads a few times in the spring. Seems no matter how well I thought I cleaned, in a few years I could always find signs of "the creeping crud" from salt.

also when riding in cold temps,especially in early morning i use an anti fog spray on my glasses, face sheild and windsheild. lot,s of products out there. be safe ride safe enjoy !!

Thanks for the tips, Skuuter! We generally ride year-round here in northwest Florida too, but we have had ONE COLD SEASON already! (Oh yeah, also, I'm a cold-weather wimp :blush:) Hoping for more good riding days soon!

Thanks for the tips, Skuuter! We generally ride year-round here in northwest Florida too, but we have had ONE COLD SEASON already! (Oh yeah, also, I'm a cold-weather wimp :blush:) Hoping for more good riding days soon!

Explain a "Florida Cold Season" Girl.......:laugh:;)

The lack of snow and ice is one reason I love living in Mississippi. We seldom get any ice or snow. However, this weekend, they are predicting 8 inches of snow for us. If you want to see some crazy driving, watch the news Sunday night or Monday morning. If we get this snow, I promise they will be showing our lack of driving skills on the news.

The lack of snow and ice is one reason I love living in Mississippi. We seldom get any ice or snow. However, this weekend, they are predicting 8 inches of snow for us. If you want to see some crazy driving, watch the news Sunday night or Monday morning. If we get this snow, I promise they will be showing our lack of driving skills on the news.

I bet they will. The biggest problem is the governments do not have the equipment to deal with the snow, because it hardly happens. Good luck sounds like a few days to stay home.

I wish I could stay home... I live close enough to walk to work and as long as at least one more person can make it we will be partially open for business. I'm not suppose to go in until noon Monday, but I'm sure I will have to go in at 6am due to this upcoming weather. It looks like it will be here in a couple of more hours. Wish us good luck.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png