HD Just Released New Parts & Accessories.

MDO

Oct 11, 2017
St. Louis, MO USA
The MoCo just released a lot of new parts & accessories for our rides.

Some are very interesting, to me, including a lithium batteries to fit most models. They also have a duel mode battery tender.

The new battery for our trikes weighs less than 4 pounds.

Just go to the HD website, select for your ride, then new arrivals.

I've read mixed reviews on the lithium batteries ... maybe since they now offer them, the issues have been resolved.:Shrug:

I know what your saying, I've read the same reviews. I was really surprised at the price their charging for it, at $299 A lot of places charge more. They have also a new line of wheels at a good price, but I don't think they fit the trikes.

The 2019 Trikes standard equipment rear shocks are now available as a kit for the 2017-18 as promised

I wonder how these compare to DK Custom's packages.... Hey Kevin any comments?

DK's data is very comprehensive... any way to compare the advertised performance to your info? Or is the MoCo holding performance data close to the vest...

HD 19 Shocks.jpg

Has Anyone done the MoCo Adjustable Shock upgrade?

Just wondering if anyone took the plunge and installed the 2019 Rear Adjustable Shock Upgrade on Freewheeler or Tri-Glide. If you did how do you like the change?

I've read mixed reviews on the lithium batteries ... maybe since they now offer them, the issues have been resolved.:Shrug:

Before I put one in any bike or car I would be talking to my insurance company. Lithium batteries are a known fire hazard. I have seen far too many electronics burned up because of them.

Just wondering if anyone took the plunge and installed the 2019 Rear Adjustable Shock Upgrade on Freewheeler or Tri-Glide. If you did how do you like the change?

I just bought a 19 with this suspension. my wife has a 15 with the air shocks.

It's like my 2011 Roadglide Ultra to my 16 Roadglide Special. was it different? Yes a lot. Worth 700 bucks? Depends on your wallet. Honestly once you get to a coil over compared to the old air system. its automatically an improvement. Just depends. I dont think these strikes will ever be plush. But some shocks will be more bearable than others.

Reactions: MDO
I just bought a 19 with this suspension. my wife has a 15 with the air shocks.

It's like my 2011 Roadglide Ultra to my 16 Roadglide Special. was it different? Yes a lot. Worth 700 bucks? Depends on your wallet. Honestly once you get to a coil over compared to the old air system. its automatically an improvement. Just depends. I dont think these strikes will ever be plush. But some shocks will be more bearable than others.

Yeah, I went with Progressive 444's for my ride. I rode a Tri with them and it was a BIG difference on the same road. Very nice. Have not ridden them on my bike yet... still waiting for paint:gah:

Yeah, I went with Progressive 444's for my ride. I rode a Tri with them and it was a BIG difference on the same road. Very nice. Have not ridden them on my bike yet... still waiting for paint:gah:

Free Bird, I need your help. Do you have the Progressive number of what you got?

Long story, but I may have a line on a pair at the 4 Corners Motorcycle Rally in Durango over Labor day.

I was thinking the black 444, heavy duty, 13.5" long. If I can get a deal on them, I can't pass it up.

My sons also gonna talk to a couple custom painters about pinstriping my FW.

I don't want anything radical.

I owe my son a lot as he got me a great deal on the FW in California, or I wouldn't have it.

He also hooked me up with Lucas oil and they sent me $350 worth of products.

He knows a lot of people. :D

Free Bird, I need your help. Do you have the Progressive number of what you got?

Progressive 444 for Harley Trike - Heavy Duty Shock - Black (Nobody sees it) Progressive P/N [FONT=&quot]444-4073B

[/FONT]
This is from the Progressive Web Site

444 SERIES SHOCKS 444 Series Shocks feature a proprietary patented Frequency Sensing Technology (FST) that has the unique ability to dynamically adjust damping as you ride; what this means is whether you’re hitting the small or big bumps in the road, the shock distributes oil through ports accordingly to soak up the hit making for an ultimately comfortable ride. A top mount threaded preload adjuster allows for fine-tuning with a simple twist of the cap. 444 Series shocks are available in 3 configurations: Standard Weight, Heavy-duty (250+ lbs.) and Super Heavy Duty (Touring Models only - 350+ lbs.). Every 444 shock is hand-built, tuned and dyno’d and include a Lifetime Warranty.

​You can see them on the trike at Doc's

I emailed Progressive tech. support over the weekend & they answered me today. They are recommending to install their 444 shock with the preload adjustment down on the trikes. He stated that they were tested in both positions and work fine.

I emailed Progressive tech. support over the weekend & they answered me today. They are recommending to install their 444 shock with the preload adjustment down on the trikes. He stated that they were tested in both positions and work fine.

Thanks for that data point!

• Thanks

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png