2008 or later Seat Modified for 2007

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a 2008 or later Harley Davidson seat like the Hammock or Super Touring Mustang seat be modified for use on a 2007 Street Glide. The Hammock seat from Harley and the Super Touring seat from Mustang position the rider back 1.5 inches and they both appear to offer better seating for the passenger.

Does anyone know if a 2008 or later Harley Davidson seat like the Hammock or Super Touring Mustang seat be modified for use on a 2007 Street Glide. The Hammock seat from Harley and the Super Touring seat from Mustang position the rider back 1.5 inches and they both appear to offer better seating for the passenger.

Pete anything can be done. I have a 2007 Road King that I have converted into a Road Glide then added a Champion conversion. I also modified a 2008 Gas Tank to fit the 2007 and am using a 2008 Hammock seat. I had to fashion a bracket for the rear of the seat to bolt to. The front of the seat naturally fits the 08 tank. Modifying the tank was not bad. I made a thru bolt to fasten the rear of the tank to the frame. The front just required some spacers between the tank brackets and the frame. The real issue is that the 07 has an upper engine mount between the cylinders and on the 08 the mount is moved to the front of the engine. You have to take the 08 gas tank and bang it in on the left side where it goes over the frame at the engine mount area about a inch and a half. This allows clearance for the mount to move. If you don't it will poke a hole in the tank. Now ask me how I know that. J B weld is great for repairing gas tanks. Worked great and I have 6 gallons of gas on board.

Thanks for the input. I would love to have a 6 Gal tank on this Trike. I'm going to check it out. Lots of seat options if I have the 6 gal tank!! Ride Safe

My Trike Conversion s/b completed this week (if I stop having things added). I have a 2007 Street Glide, Blk Pearl, and selected the CSC Conversion. Made the motor 103" putting out 107 lbs of torque and the clutch started slipping so had a Harley 113 lb torque clutch put in. I think it s/b be ready to be Trike. Pictures will be added this weekend.

Thanks for the input. I would love to have a 6 Gal tank on this Trike. I'm going to check it out. Lots of seat options if I have the 6 gal tank!! Ride Safe

My Trike Conversion s/b completed this week (if I stop having things added). I have a 2007 Street Glide, Blk Pearl, and selected the CSC Conversion. Made the motor 103" putting out 107 lbs of torque and the clutch started slipping so had a Harley 113 lb torque clutch put in. I think it s/b be ready to be Trike. Pictures will be added this weekend.

Pete if you look under the "Stopp Slipping Cluch" thread on this forum you will see that last year we group purchased AIM VPC015-70T clutch plate spring. My ride has a 103 with cams etc that dynoed about the same as yours. I installed that item and have had no slipping issues at all. Your ride will make a very good trike. I absolutely love mine and we have basicly the same drive train setup. I picked my 6 gal tank up used on E-bay. I liked the color so much that I panted my trike to match the tank when I did the build.

I had the same problem after the 103" build and cams. I had the Harley heavy duty spring installed and it helped a lot but I still occasionally get some slipping from a dead stop when the engine is hot riding two up. If you don't mind me asking, how expensive was the high torque clutch? I've been running Syn 3 in all three holes but I think it's too thin for the transmission and primary which, I believe, contributes to clutch slipping and transmission noise.

I've included the HD Cat. page. Heritage HD of Lisle, IL recommended the clutch p/n# 37969-03A. Retail $169.95, they gave me 20% off so $135.96. The clutch pull isn't bad and I haven't experienced any slippage. From test riding Trikes, I've felt the clutch chatter thing being talked about and I'm planning on just getting AIM P/N VPC015-70T. The older I get, it's all about comfort. Ride Safe Oh, and it is 125 lb.-ft clutch

Screamin' Eagle® Performance Clutch Kit | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

Greydog, I forgot to mention that I use BEL-RAY 85w140 in my Trans (BEL-RAY recommends there Big Twin Transmission oil for the Trans). AMSOIL 20W50 in the engine and HD Formula-plus in the primary. AMSOIL also has a trans product but the BEL-RAY seems to do the job for me

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png