Installed a Papa Zook Rake Kit on 2018 TriGlide

Debra Laurie

What can I say about this new rake kit? WOW WOW WOW, I can't believe the difference it has made to the steering of my trike.

I purchased the rake kit from Papa Zook and had it shipped out here to Australia. Arrived within 3 weeks (over Christmas too). It has just been installed and I have only taken it for a short 1 hour ride but hell, what a difference it has made to the steering.

I used to push and pull the handle bars when riding the winding roads and by the end of the day my shoulders would ache. Now I will have to get used to steering my trike again, as I found I don't have to push and pull anywhere near as much as I was.

I always thought I would get used to how much effort I had to put into steering but I haven't so I decided I would try the rake kit.

After reading lots about them I decided on the one that Papa Zook produces.

I couldn't be more happy with the service from him and the extra help we received when my hubby wasn't sure about some of the process. Thanks to Steve who came to the rescue with some advice and now all is installed and operating perfectly.

I reckon it has made the steering easier by at least 50% and that is only gauging it on a short ride.

So far it is the best thing I have done on my trike.

Thank you Papa Zook and Steve for all your help.

Anybody thinking of putting one on their trike, I can highly recommend it. Get one HERE.

Deb Laurie

congrats deb on the modification. please advise how it feels at highway speeds like around 70 mph. is it to light at that speed road feel etc?

congrats deb on the modification. please advise how it feels at highway speeds like around 70 mph. is it to light at that speed road feel etc?

I haven't had a real good run yet. First time out we ended up in torrential rain so speed wasn't fast. Will give a further report once I have hit the highways and done a good ride. Hopefully in next couple of weeks.

I haven't had a real good run yet. First time out we ended up in torrential rain so speed wasn't fast. Will give a further report once I have hit the highways and done a good ride. Hopefully in next couple of weeks.

Went for a good ride on the trike today around some winding roads. It's awesome with the rake kit. I had the cruise on 100kph and I didn't feel like I was struggling at all. Hardly had to even take the cruise off. So easy. I used to think this road was was a winding road, slowing down for some of it but not now.

I tried her out at about 130kph (80mph) to see what the front end felt like and it didn't feel too light in the front end at all, still had total control.

I LOVE THIS RAKE KIT.

Will post some photos soon of what the difference is between the trike now and my husband street glide, which has the same front end and you will see the difference with the rake kit.

Went for a good ride on the trike today around some winding roads. It's awesome with the rake kit. I had the cruise on 100kph and I didn't feel like I was struggling at all. Hardly had to even take the cruise off. So easy. I used to think this road was was a winding road, slowing down for some of it but not now.

I tried her out at about 130kph (80mph) to see what the front end felt like and it didn't feel too light in the front end at all, still had total control.

I LOVE THIS RAKE KIT.

Will post some photos soon of what the difference is between the trike now and my husband street glide, which has the same front end and you will see the difference with the rake kit.

I'm glad you are loving it Deb. It does decrease the steering effort by more than half and another benefit is that it moves the handlebars back about 2 inches closer to the rider, which gives you better leverage and less reach through the turns and it keeps you from having to lean forward all the time especially in turns, so rider comfort and steering effort are both improved and without the extra expense of changing out the handlebars.

I am so confident in them that I will offer a 100% money back guarantee to any Trike Talk member who purchases one and is not 100% happy with it.

You can see more info and order HERE.

See post #15 here. You can click on the green button that says Message Papa Zook or read through his post and contact him in other ways....as well as visit his website.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png