What camper mods?

Ozarkryder

Feb 18, 2008
Anderson, Missouri
There is a thread about motorcycle campers over in the Stallion forum. I had a post, and thought it may get more traction in a more general area. -
Don

Re: Motorcycle/Trike pull behind campers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had an older Timeout - unfold the top and side, put up the poles and throw the tenting over it and attach. Like an umbrella tent on a platform, not a pop-up. Really liked the entry on the side instead of the end as most other campers have.
We now have an '02 Bunkhouse, and love the thing. I am planninig on modifying the awning to the more modern shock-corded support so it doesn't droop, and have made a cooler rack. May add an electrical port sometime.
So what mods have you made to your camper, no matter what brand or style? How did you do it, and would you do it differently if you had to do it over again? Be interesting to see the creativity of the group, and blatantly steal some good ideas.

Good idea and thread, Don. What modifications others do to their camping trailers is of particular interest to me as well as the "mods" done on others trikes, particularly the Stallion, since I'm physically challenged due to having a stroke. Metaldad (Brent) has made a number of "mods". to his Aliner Alite Camper that I found very interesting and informative. I hope to share what I intend to accomplished as well, just as soon as my '11 Stallion arrives and the temps. gets a whole lot warmer. I'm beginning to think that the temps./season change will occur first, as it's been over 7 months since I placed my order for my Stallion and still no definite delivery date announced. TMS can provide no date either, per Nick the last time I checked (2 weeks ago). With better than 30" of snow on the ground :Snow: and temps. often in the single digits as the high, waiting for the news to arrive of it's delivery, is not a difficult thing. Presently I have neither, trike or camper. I'll be seriously looking for a camper, come spring.

Daydreamer

When we got our Bunkhouse, we had a few good coolers, so we didn't opt for the factory cooler, rack and it's cover. Made a cooler rack with angle iron with holes. Just cut to length and bolted it up. Easy to change if we get a different size cooler. A few bungee cords have held it securely for thousands of miles on all types of roads. The hinge goes to the front so wind doesn't lift the lid and allows easy entry from inside the camper through the cooler access.

I've been running with an Aspen Sentry the last couple of years. Really haven't had to do any mods to it since it was very functional in its stock form. But have added the following as permanent accessories:

a. 6x8 indoor/outdoor carpet to put under the "den". It also extends out 2 feet to serve as a door mat.
b. $18 Wally World 2 speed heater and fan
c. 25 ft reel electric cord with 4 oulets
d. $12 Lowes clamp-on desk light
e. Foxtail

I added a fold up step on the rear of my Aspen Ambassador that also has my license
plate on the under side when in use as a step.This doing away with the cheesy plastic step stool thay send with the trailer.

Has anyone else tried the Harbor Freight Solar Shed light Item #95573

It is not a whole lotta light but is sufficent for its size I am going on my second season:popcorn:

Viking
Maryland
2010 triglide
I have a lees-sure lite popup tent camper.
A very well built trailer.It sets up in 10 seconds,no poles to fold down or put up.Has a solid floor, screened windows and drop down jack stands.Lots of options,cargo carriers screened rooms and more.I went thru 3 nights of thunder storms,winds in excess 60 miles per hour,not a drop leaked inside. It pulls very easily.weight is 240 lbs empty,
total load cap.including trailer and gear is 650 lbs.
Leesure-lite.com

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png