trailers

triker Ron

Apr 25, 2018
Pa.USA
Thoughts? I just sold my 6x 12 enclosed trailer and was thinking of going with a bigger enclosed possibly an open what size do you all recommend for a single tri or possibly two parked end to end. Most likely nose to nose ie, one backed on and the other pulled on ? Won't be used all the time, Thanks!! :D Understand that an enclosed can be used as portable storage at times. And an open trikes will get dirty when towing.

Thoughts? I just sold my 6x 12 enclosed trailer and was thinking of going with a bigger enclosed possibly an open what size do you all recommend for a single tri or possibly two parked end to end. Most likely nose to nose ie, one backed on and the other pulled on ? Won't be used all the time, Thanks!! :D Understand that an enclosed can be used as portable storage at times. And an open trikes will get dirty when towing.

My experience with trailers [Open] Is to buy bigger than you think you are gonna need, Because sooner than later you are gonna need a larger one...The first trailer i bought was for my ATC.....Then when i got ATV's i needed a larger one.....Then came my Rhino [Side-by] and a larger trailer.....Luckily my Spyder and Tri-Glide's fit......But then i got a Slingshot....And you guessed it.....Larger trailer....:xzqxz:...Adult toys as you get older tend to get larger....Shrinkage doesn't apply to Adult toys...

Think about tow vehicle as well

I chose a 6-1/2' x 12' V-Nose trailer by Legend. Because of the width, I could use it behind my truck as well as wife's SUV without having to use mirror extensions.

It is wide enough to walk around Tri Glide and quite sure it would accommodate Gold Wing with CSC trike conversion which is one of the widest.

Walk around room is convenient when tying down trike especially in nasty weather.

I ordered an open car hauler from Kearney. They added additional wind break on front, longer ramps and had tie down d-rings welded where I wanted them. I'd imagine any dealer will add what you want. You don't have to buy just what's on the lot.

My 6x10 v-nose enclosed works (it is what I had) but is really tight for my Tri. I would opt for a 6.5' width as minimum. For length, maybe park them nose to nose and then measure and then add some extra space so you can move them forward or back to get the tongue wt around 12% of total gross wt (trailer & contents). Backing in the front one will not allow any part of the trike up in the v (which may increase the length you will need). Backing in the first one might be a little hard on the trike's reverse. :Shrug:

+ 1: Backing a TriGlide up the ramp would put quite a strain on the reverse motor. They just aren't up to the job. I have a 7' x 16' V-Nose Low Hauler for the Triglide. I thought about backing the thing on initially, but after popping the reverse breaker a few times with just slight inclines (like my driveway), I gave up the idea.

I looked at all the options before I purchased an enclosed trailer for my Trike. I bought a 7x12 that would be big enough for any Trike. Triglide's are very narrow as compared to others, but the walls were still too close for me in a 6x12. Also, I bought one with electric brakes, ( for sure) but not with dual wheels. Also made sure to buy a spare tire and wheel.

My wife informed me just yesterday at bfast that she is ok riding with me on my trike so while grocery shopping we stopped at a lowes and looked at a smaller trl.like a 5x10 is it big enough to load a triglide on it. I took some measurements for hers since mine is at the dealers length appears ok ,but width is my concern. I know my 6x12 enclosed that I sold worked good, was a little tight inside side to side but with an open I would have room to move about tying it down, thanks!:)

What size tires are on that 5x10? If you plan to pull longer distances, you will want 15" tires (14" is bare min IMHO). Also, will you need to carry loading ramps, 5' wide is not wide enough if you do. To me, the 5x10 is just not going to give you much room. I understand, about tie down on an open trailer, no problem there.

I don't believe it would be a good idea to have any bike/trike backwards on an open trailer. Think about a 70+mph wind hitting the backside of the windshield:gah:

Makes sense, but wouldn't the tow vehicle break up some of the wind ? I had a 20 ftr to, but sold it last year, two wheelers in it and two trikes was full but made it work. Just looking for a size that and I don't use it much. Anyone here have or use a lowes trl? With the prices near the same as a dealer and I can use my military discount on one it would be cheaper than a dealer.:)

Makes sense, but wouldn't the tow vehicle break up some of the wind ? I had a 20 ftr to, but sold it last year, two wheelers in it and two trikes was full but made it work. Just looking for a size that and I don't use it much. Anyone here have or use a lowes trl? With the prices near the same as a dealer and I can use my military discount on one it would be cheaper than a dealer.:)

t wouldnt cut down enough on the wind... I had plexiglass windows on three sides of my bobcat cab... The back one blew out and the sides cracked in the first 20 miles.... I take the back one out now to haul it...

I

I chose a 6-1/2' x 12' V-Nose trailer by Legend. Because of the width, I could use it behind my truck as well as wife's SUV without having to use mirror extensions.

It is wide enough to walk around Tri Glide and quite sure it would accommodate Gold Wing with CSC trike conversion which is one of the widest.

Walk around room is convenient when tying down trike especially in nasty weather.

You don't need mirror extensions with a 7 ft either

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png