Trike Leveling Kit & which exhaust?

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2018 Harley Anniversary Trike and I'm thinking about two add-on's, but I would first like to hear what you guys think. So, here they are:

1. Bone Shakers slip-ons. Good or bad? They sound pretty good, but I don't know much about them. Anyone here familiar with BoneShaker SVT? The dealer stated that they are great, but I might also want to consider Rush Exhaust, for about half the price. Not too familiar with Rush exhaust either, but they also sound pretty good. Both sound very good, but which is better (quality, etc.)? My Trike has a Stage One, and I'm not too happy with the Screaming Eagle slip-ons anymore (the sound has changed over the last 4 months).

2. My dealer says that he believes that it is worth installing a Trike Leveling kit. He says it will improve the ride, steering, etc. Anyone familiar with Trike leveling kits? Good or bad, waste of money?

I really need to hear some opinions (good & bad) from you experienced riders/owners. I love my new trike and I expect this to be the last bike I own, so I want to do the best thing.

Thanks a bunch,

Steve T.

By all means a lift kit makes a world of diff. This is where to get [h=3]Harley Trike Lift Kits - DK Custom[/h]In addition to that you may want to look at Pro-Action shocks. Harley has never had a good suspension as far as I am concerned... Been riding 60 yrs now & every new HD I bought immediately changed the shocks. Have had Ohlin, Progressive, & 2 or 3 others. Pro-Action is the best I have ever had. Buy the stuff somewhere other than the stealer & install yourself. Save a ton.

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2018 Harley Anniversary Trike and I'm thinking about two add-on's, but I would first like to hear what you guys think. So, here they are:

2. My dealer says that he believes that it is worth installing a Trike Leveling kit. He says it will improve the ride, steering, etc. Anyone familiar with Trike leveling kits? Good or bad, waste of money?

Thanks a bunch,

Steve T.

Trike leveling kit...........@ DK Customs......:clapping:

Here some muffler info for an M8 from another site:

Street Cannons are a top performer but the sound isn't great.

2" Fullsac recores work well.

Fuel Moto Street Outlaw mufflers, good results sound good too.

Don't remove the db reducer or torque will suffer left of 3000 rpm.

As for slip ons ... I would loo into the Vance & Hines trike mufflers ... specifically designed for the trip glide. Sound good and are designed to not drag when going over driveways, speed bumps etc.

Pretty sure DK Custom Products iOS also a Vance & Hines dealer.

Disclaimer, I'm not in any way associated with DK Customs ... but I know the research and development they put into their products. Add to that the fact their customer service is top notch and it's a win win.

I have the Vance & Hines Trike Deluxe mufflers and the Power Dual exhaust from the heads back, I love the sound of em !! Not too loud so you can hear the stereo jus fine if ya want to listen to some tunes !!!

Do a comfort lift on your trike you will love hoe it improves handling it seems to keep the front tire planted better. As for mufflers others will have to give advice I have a pair of screaming Eagles on mine 09 vintage seems do fine for me. But these are all I have ever had... good luck with your choices. Travel safe Fred

Hi Everyone,

1. Bone Shakers slip-ons. Good or bad? They sound pretty good, but I don't know much about them. Anyone here familiar with BoneShaker SVT? The dealer stated that they are great, but I might also want to consider Rush Exhaust, for about half the price. Not too familiar with Rush exhaust either, but they also sound pretty good. Both sound very good, but which is better (quality, etc.)? My Trike has a Stage One, and I'm not too happy with the Screaming Eagle slip-ons anymore (the sound has changed over the last 4 months).

I really need to hear some opinions (good & bad) from you experienced riders/owners. I love my new trike and I expect this to be the last bike I own, so I want to do the best thing.

Thanks a bunch,

Steve T.

Hi Steve,

I am not familiar with the Boneshakers. I've always liked the Rush Slip-ons. Probably have a couple hundred thousand miles running them.

Not sure what you don't like now about your SE Slip ons...but the Rush will be louder...but they will also be a bit deeper tone.

Last couple of years I've been running the Hi Rollers. They are good performing, especially when supplemented with TTI's. I like the nice deep tone they have. See video below.

Exhaust is so subjective. What sounds good to one person sounds horrible to another. I think the best way to choose is to listen to a lot of bikes...when you hear one you like, go ask what they're running.

The Convertible Comfort Lift™ Kit is great for better ride quality, easier steering & leveling out the TG. You can read more about it at this LINK, there are also reviews there.

Feel free to email or call with any questions.

Kevin

Exhaust

I Have this 4" chrome slip-on mufflers swiss cheese exhaust pipes on my trike for $189.95 made by American Classic Motors. They have a eBay store and regular store if you don't like what they have on eBay they will custom make them to your desire. Very reasonably price and that price is to your front door. just a little more to wrap your head around Lol :D [h=1][/h]

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png