anyone relocate their trike's tourpack further back?

DanL

Reaction score
I'd like to move my tourpack back 2-3 inches on my Motortrike Tomahawk to give my wife a little more room. I'm looking for any ideas

I just recently did this to our Roadmaster CSC trike. I moved it back and drilled new holes. However, the trunk on the CSC fits down over a raised area on the CSC body. This required that I also raise the trunk 1/2" so it would actually move back. I made 1/2" thick blocks from wood, sealed and painted them flat black. They really don't show unless you know they are there.

Looking at photos of the Motortrike conversion, I suspect you may need to do something similar as it appears the trunk sits right on the body. I assume they did something similar with a raised section molded into the body. The only way you will know for sure is to remove the trunk. Unless you can see it from inside the lower trunk compartment.

Here are a few photos that might help.

Note the raised area on the body.

0119191724a.jpg

This shows the recesses on the bottom of the trunk that fit over the raised section on the body.

0119191724.jpg

This shows the wood blocks. There is one in the middle and one on each side. They are barely visible and really only if you are looking under the trunk as my camera angle is. Also note I needed to extend the grab bar mount using chrome spacers. I noticed that Motortrike deleted the grab bar, so you would not need to address that.

0302191919.jpg

0302191918a.jpg

Hope this helps!

Dave

Dave could you access your tour trunk bolts without Jacking up the trike?

Dave thanks for the info.

I found out that I have to jack up the trike and remove the rear wheels to access the front two bolts. the rear four bolts can be accessed through the trunk. Did you have to do the same thing or is it unique to the Indians?

I'll have to wait for the good weather (May or later) to jack up the trike & pull the wheels. One of the penalties of living in northern New England. :D

Nice Valk. I've got a black & cream Interstate.

Dan

Dave thanks for the info.

I found out that I have to jack up the trike and remove the rear wheels to access the front two bolts. the rear four bolts can be accessed through the trunk. Did you have to do the same thing or is it unique to the Indians?

I'll have to wait for the good weather (May or later) to jack up the trike & pull the wheels. One of the penalties of living in northern New England. :D

Dan

All of the trunk bolts on the CSC trike are accessible through the lower trunk compartment. Just a difference between Motortrike and CSC.

it depends on what trike kit and who installed it

All of the trunk bolts on the CSC trike are accessible through the lower trunk compartment. Just a difference between Motortrike and CSC.

my tomahawk bolts can be got by going into the trunk,all 4 of them

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png