Thoroughbred Motorsports Rally Schedule for 2011

pmar6004

TOI - South Dakota
Mar 30, 2010
Watertown, SD, USA
I see from TMS' website that they have posted their rally schedule for this year. I see that they have a Dealers Show coming up on 2/18 - 20 in Indianapolis, IN. Hopefully this means that TMS has resumed production of the current model year and that they will start showing up at dealerships, first to fulfill current orders, secondly, to sell to new interested buyers, soooooooooon!

With 4, more likely 5 more months of cold unrideable months ahead of me, I guess I'm in no hurry to pick up my Stallion when the announcement finally comes from my dealership. It's been 7 months, since I placed my order. I've never been much good at playing the waiting game... I hope the enjoyment that I derive from finally becoming a Stallion owner, whenever that may occur, is/was well worth the wait.

Daydreamer
Watertown, SD

I see from TMS' website that they have posted their rally schedule for this year. I see that they have a Dealers Show coming up on 2/18 - 20 in Indianapolis, IN. Hopefully this means that TMS has resumed production of the current model year and that they will start showing up at dealerships, first to fulfill current orders, secondly, to sell to new interested buyers, soooooooooon!

With 4, more likely 5 more months of cold unrideable months ahead of me, I guess I'm in no hurry to pick up my Stallion when the announcement finally comes from my dealership. It's been 7 months, since I placed my order. I've never been much good at playing the waiting game... I hope the enjoyment that I derive from finally becoming a Stallion owner, whenever that may occur, is/was well worth the wait.

Daydreamer
Watertown, SD

Hang in there. My wife waited 18 months for her first Stallion. Now that she has had one for going on 3 years she said the wait was well worth it.

Hey Ted,
In reading your comments, I thought why so long a wait for your Stallion...? Then I realize that back then, Stallions were pretty much hand built, one by one. The fiberglass body work must have been the most labor intensive. Glad to hear that MJ is happy with her "ride". I trust that I will be as well.

Daydreamer

Hello,
According to the email which I receivied today,production has not started on the 2011 stallions.TBMS STATED that by the end of the week (maybe) decisions on production/motor type and availabilty will be posted on their web site and dealers will updated first.

Hey Ted,
In reading your comments, I thought why so long a wait for your Stallion...? Then I realize that back then, Stallions were pretty much hand built, one by one. The fiberglass body work must have been the most labor intensive. Glad to hear that MJ is happy with her "ride". I trust that I will be as well.

Daydreamer

MJ saw a prototype at Daytona in October of 2006. They were not even in production. Production started in Nivember of 2007. Her first Stallion was about the 25th produced and she took delivery in the Spring of 2008.

Hello,
According to the email which I receivied today,production has not started on the 2011 stallions.TBMS STATED that by the end of the week (maybe) decisions on production/motor type and availabilty will be posted on their web site and dealers will updated first.

Thanks Pete for the update, although I wish it would have been more specific. Sort of wish that I was a fly in the walls at TMS :Bug2: Well I guess I'll just have to be patient a little while loooooooonger! The announcement will probably occur at the Dealer Show (mid February), is my guess.

Daydreamer

Dont know why people are waiting for a Stallion, check out the want adds there are ones for sale. A good used one is just as good as a new one.
Oilslick

Dont know why people are waiting for a Stallion, check out the want adds there are ones for sale. A good used one is just as good as a new one.
Oilslick

Don't believe for one minute that I haven't consider that, especially now, knowing no 2011 Stallions will be produced. I've been waiting to find out what direction TMS has decided it will go for their 2012 model and what amount of $$$ it will take to buy one. I don't relish missing another riding season, so much will depend on these two issues. So in the meantime, I'm patiently waiting to hear from this forum or my dealership. Hopefully it will be announced by the end March, I'm guessing :Shrug::confused:

Daydreamer

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png