2012 Honda Goldwing Roadsmith Conversion

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Honda Goldwing and thinking very hard about putting on a Roadsmith Kit. Don’t know much about them but what I have read here I have been impressed with the Roadsmith Kit. My question is what Roadsmith kit should I use and what options should I get. I know I want an aux gas tank, independent suspension, and floor boards. What rake would you recommend? Thanks for your help.

They offer a 5.5 degree rake and that is used on long wheel base trikes which is what you'll have with the Roadsmith. You'd want the HTS1800 as that is the one used on the 2012. You may want the parking brake if the law requires one.

As a Roadsmith owner these are some of the options I think you should consider. You will want the 5.5 rake kit. I would get the adjustable pre-load or the AccuRide suspension, the Performance SwayBar, Chrome bumper, and parking brake. If you elect to get the adjustable pre-load, have the suspension actuator rebuilt with a steel braided line. I just had my rebuilt because it was not putting any change on the supension until it got to 11 on the adjustment. The parking brake in my opinion is a must. You can set the brake with no need to park the bike in gear to prevent it from rolling. Good luck with getting your bike converted with a Roadsmith kit. As long as you have a good installer you will love your trike.

I have a 2012 Honda Goldwing and thinking very hard about putting on a Roadsmith Kit. Don’t know much about them but what I have read here I have been impressed with the Roadsmith Kit. My question is what Roadsmith kit should I use and what options should I get. I know I want an aux gas tank, independent suspension, and floor boards. What rake would you recommend? Thanks for your help.

I had one for 4 years. Great to travel on. Had a problem with a boot leak. They took care of it fine. Cons to ordering one this late. They promised 6 weeks. It was the middle of June, and then since I ordered the spare gas tank I still had to wait another week for them to send another part for the tank before I got mine. The roadsmith is hard to turn at a slow speed compared to others. They are great on the highway.

Parking brake is handy, but way too handy for me. Once I did not release it completely and yep, I finally smelled right rotor, needless to admit, that was a very expensive mistake, for that one little oversight. You can guess the moral of the story, so I don't make the same mistake again, I loosened the parking brake cable. Someone buys it some day, I put it back the way it was. I know there are those out there that never, ever made a mistake with the parking brake, but I'm not one of them. My advise, if you get the parking brake, set it firm and hard when you use it so the trike does not move when you twist a little throttle.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png