Boardtracker HD

After I got my 2018 was going to buy the manual and trike supplement from my dealer like I have on all my bikes, but low and behold, they raised their prices to the extreme. I went to Boardtracker and bought them both from them with free shipping, still paid to much but cheaper than my dealer. Went on there a couple days ago to look for some parts to see if cheaper than my dealer, kept getting a error code, maybe its working now as Kevin said.

All for now Trampas

Just went thru for parts catalog and still get a error, something isn't right or maybe they disbanded it because of their low prices, maybe to many complaints from other dealers saying we can't compete with boardtrackers prices, who knows, time will tell if the online gets back up or not.

All for now Trampas

P.S. I even tried the manual section and still got a error

I was reading an article that they are being sued by the mothership for failure to pay what they owe. There are several dealers/conglomerates involved. Mothership wants 6.5 mil in back fees. Not a pretty situation, I would think looking elsewhere for parts would be wise.

I was reading an article that they are being sued by the mothership for failure to pay what they owe. There are several dealers/conglomerates involved. Mothership wants 6.5 mil in back fees. Not a pretty situation, I would think looking elsewhere for parts would be wise.

Yep. They are being sued by Harley financing for selling merchandise holding on to the money and not paying the financing charges back to Harley...

Wow! Just read the article. Sad. Hopefully they will get it turned around.

I was going to call next week and talk to Jim Palmer about Extended Warranty. Not sure I will now.

Harley filed its lawsuit on Tuesday, seeking a combined $6,290,340 from the dealerships. The company also sought a temporary restraining order blocking the dealerships from selling additional products financed through the company.

Federal court judge James Peterson declined to grant that order, noting it “would essentially require defendants to temporarily close their business.” Peterson did issue an order requiring the dealerships to pay any proceeds from financed merchandise sales to the company.

Who knows what all led them to their financial woes, but selling at the discounts they do certainly cannot help.

Kevin

Wow! Just read the article. Sad. Hopefully they will get it turned around.

I was going to call next week and talk to Jim Palmer about Extended Warranty. Not sure I will now.......

Kevin

If you choose to go get a plan. Keep in mind that Boardtracker is only the plans seller. So I recommend you get him to identify the Plan Administrator(s) for the actual plan you intend to choose, then diligently do your research as to the selected companies past and present performance. Word to the wise.....

If you choose to go get a plan. Keep in mind that Boardtracker is only the plans seller. So I recommend you get him to identify the Plan Administrator(s) for the actual plan you intend to choose, then diligently do your research as to the selected companies past and present performance. Word to the wise.....

I've purchased only HD plans from him in the past. Used to be able to get them over the phone. The last few years have had to actually go visit him with the bike...HD no longer lets dealerships sell outside their area.

Kevin

I've purchased only HD plans from him in the past. Used to be able to get them over the phone. The last few years have had to actually go visit him with the bike...HD no longer lets dealerships sell outside their area.

Kevin

Exactly.....so it's important to be able to evaluate who the Plan Administrator(s) will be for the specific covered services one chooses, i.e. Service Only Contract or with Wheel & Tire Contract. Given what has been revealed about the company's financial predicament, profitability may now have more influence on sellers selection of Plan Administrator(s). Just sayin' without saying.....

Interesting. I just bought my 2013 Sportster from Boardtracker when I was in Wisconsin for the holidays. Got a fair deal and had the bike shipped to Florida. They were going to get me an owner's manual for it. Maybe that's why I haven't heard from them. I also bought my 2015 Tri Glide ESP from Jim Palmer back when it was Cutter HD. Saved $$$ over what my selling dealer wanted for the ESP.

The administrator is First Extended Service Corporation. I just bought one a couple months ago and so did a friend for his bike. I know from other forums that they have been OK when repairs were needed. But just like the H-D sponsored ESP there are some caveats that will void coverage - like having a trailer hitch or as they state being 'equipped for towing.' And you've got to follow the rules and get repairs pre-authorized. Pretty much the same as the H-D sponsored version so I'm not concerned.

The current owners will get their financing worked out or they won't and someone will pick up the dealership. Doubt it will affect the sale of the discount esp.

How much cheaper is he than the competition....? Maybe that explains how he can undercut other dealers...:D...

They used to be at 20% discount like several others but last year I think it was they lowered to discount to the 17-18% range. This really shouldn't be the cause of their difficulties necessarily but like any other business you have to watch your revenue vs expenses to keep all the balls in the air so to speak. Perhaps the current owners overpaid for one or both of the dealerships based on the assumption that things would continue as before. And we now that sales have slowed way way down the last few years. That imo is probably the root cause of their financial difficulties.

Kevin

Jim Palmer is a friend of mine, he used to be my next door neighbor until I moved. I still stay in contact with him since I only moved about 25 miles away. He is still affiliated with Boardtracker H-D, but no longer has an office there. He now works from home where he operates both the MVP Insurance Agency and Discount ESP. He sells extended service plans all over the country. Here is the URL for his website: https://www.discountesp.com/questions

I doubt that Boardtracker's financial situation will have a negative effect on his Ins. or ESP business.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png