Maggie Valley 2019???

Dang Dennis, going to miss you this year but retirement is a good thing, best of luck getting things squared around.

Moonshine Mike,

Have you personally checked out his year's batch and does it meet your standards of excellence?:Joker3::laugh::crazy::buzz:

The beacon light is shining in Maggie Valley.ThumbUp

Last edited:
Dennis, a lot of us will miss you in Maggie Valley this year. Good luck in your endeavers. Hope things work out for you. Enjoy your retirement!

Thanks Doug,

I'll be back at MV hopefully next year. I'm hoping to catch a couple of the other Trike Talk gatherings as I work my way across the states. Might even make it to the Deadwood rally if all goes well.

I picked up my toy hauler Saturday and will do a shakedown trip in Down East Maine in Sept. This will give me some hands on with setup and breakdown of my camp site. It will also give me an idea of what I need to live on the road and what I can leave behind.

Not sure if I will haul it south before the snow falls or just take a chance and leave with everything in Feb. I will make that call once my house sells..........I will post some pictures once I get a few things worked out. It's crazy not to have a working computer:xzqxz:

Thanks Doug,

I'll be back at MV hopefully next year. I'm hoping to catch a couple of the other Trike Talk gatherings as I work my way across the states. Might even make it to the Deadwood rally if all goes well.

I picked up my toy hauler Saturday and will do a shakedown trip in Down East Maine in Sept. This will give me some hands on with setup and breakdown of my camp site. It will also give me an idea of what I need to live on the road and what I can leave behind.

Not sure if I will haul it south before the snow falls or just take a chance and leave with everything in Feb. I will make that call once my house sells..........I will post some pictures once I get a few things worked out. It's crazy not to have a working computer:xzqxz:

Again, good luck Dennis! See you next time!

Dennis... Congrats on retirement. When you finally get on the road keep us in mind down here in Texas for the TrikeTalk Texas Hill Country Reunion - held at the end of September or first week of October. Heck.. you might find you would like to stay a while in the Texas hill country during the winter.... very mild winters, some good riding, and good BBQ.

Dennis... Congrats on retirement. When you finally get on the road keep us in mind down here in Texas for the TrikeTalk Texas Hill Country Reunion - held at the end of September or first week of October. Heck.. you might find you would like to stay a while in the Texas hill country during the winter.... very mild winters, some good riding, and good BBQ.

Thanks Paws,

I'm sure I will be passing through Texas on my way west. I went to basic training in San Antonio, technical school in Wichita Falls and then my last assignment was in Abilene. Passed through Midland back in 1993 on my way to Ca. Will have to plan a couple days around Midland.

You will be missed at MV.

Carla has it right, The Hill Country is a good winter stay. We stay there every February and March. $300-$600 mo. full hookups. San Antonio is close by, but is not The Hill Country!

If you like the beach or fishing, Port Aransas is an inexpensive quaint island, where you can drive on and fish off the beach. $450-$800 fhu. Thats where we are in January. The riding is non existent, so we move up to the Kerrville in February, to ride the Hill Country.

Jan & John

h country.jpg

Thanks Paws,

I'm sure I will be passing through Texas on my way west. I went to basic training in San Antonio, technical school in Wichita Falls and then my last assignment was in Abilene. Passed through Midland back in 1993 on my way to Ca. Will have to plan a couple days around Midland.

Hey Dennis.... There’s nothing to see at Midland but high prices, a bunch of dangerous, crazy traffic, lots of wind and dirt in the air, and mesquite bushes!

Those are lots of reasons why I finally moved to Kerrville after having been in Midland since 1976.

The closest thing to scenery anywhere near Midland is the Fort Davis/Alpine area.

John is right - the good riding is in the hill country and San Antonio has enough military interest for anyone - as well as everything else there!

Plan on it - especially in the cooler months. Texas is too hot to enjoy much during summer months - riding-wise anyway.

Hey Dennis.... There’s nothing to see at Midland but high prices, a bunch of dangerous, crazy traffic, lots of wind and dirt in the air, and mesquite bushes!

Those are lots of reasons why I finally moved to Kerrville after having been in Midland since 1976.

The closest thing to scenery anywhere near Midland is the Fort Davis/Alpine area.

John is right - the good riding is in the hill country and San Antonio has enough military interest for anyone - as well as everything else there!

Plan on it - especially in the cooler months. Texas is too hot to enjoy much during summer months - riding-wise anyway.

I'll add Kerrville to my list!! I've heard of "The Three Sisters"....looks like a nice ride. I'm sure there are many more fun roads. I have friends in the Houston that I would like to see. Maybe could even stop and bother Zook..LOL

Got the new Toy Hauler packed and ready to pullout in the morning for Maggie Valley. We will be at Hillbilly cg, Friday till the 6th. If anyone else is there early, give us a shout. six sixteen, fore nine ate, one nine five for

Jan & John

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png