Harley Davidson has a New Gear Oil. (short video)

The Moco in all its worldly wisdom, finally went to synthetic formulas for all bikes long after the "aftermarket" developed specific formulas for air cooled v-twins.
Amsoil comes to mind...oops you're right Jack!!!;);)

Took em way too long IMO, but that's about as valuable and useful as a pisshole in the snow...

Hopefully the higher viscosity will "cure' the oil migration issue these new scoots have been experiencing.

The Moco in all its worldly wisdom, finally went to synthetic formulas for all bikes long after the "aftermarket" developed specific formulas for air cooled v-twins.
Amsoil comes to mind...oops you're right Jack!!!;);)

Took em way too long IMO, but that's about as valuable and useful as a pisshole in the snow...

Hopefully the higher viscosity will "cure' the oil migration issue these new scoots have been experiencing.

I have been using Redline since 500 mile break in and to date have NO issue with the oil migration;)

I don't have the migration either & don't know anyone that does. Percentage wise, I think its small.

The 1 thing that really bugs me about the HD oil products, is that they don't list the specs that the oil meets/exceeds. I don't see any good reason for that.

It's funny we talked about Red Line yesterday & today I find a whole bunch of it at a great price.

I got 7 quarts of 20W50, 2 quarts each of tranny & differential fluid, 2 bottles of fuel line cleaner & 2 of the big funnels & 3 K&N oil filters for $75:cool:

That's a great deal. Where did you find that?

That's a great deal. Where did you find that?

It was on Craigslist. I just got back from picking it up. Everything was sealed & he kept it in the basement so it didn't get hot. The 3 K&N's were sealed also.

He ordered 2 of those kits with 5 qts 20W/50 engine oil, 1qt each tranny & diff. a fuel system cleaner & those funny red funnels. He only used 3 quarts on 1 engine oil change because he had another quart.

I got everything else. It was a little less that 2 years old, he had the Amazon invoice.

I have never bought/sold off of Craigslist. I am very happy. I have my next 5 oil/filter changes covered.:clapping::qpnmt:

​Your engine, tranny, and primary all put different demands on their lubricants. Using the same oil in all three systems , like Syn 3 , is a compromise at best. For instance, piston rings have different lube requirements than gears because gears put much more pressure on the oil structure than the rings do. Try asking an engine builder if it's OK to use tranny oil in your engine. Doubt you'll find a builder that would recommend THAT!

However, if your engine oil is dangerously low while on a trip and all you can find is primary or tranny oil, by all means put it in your engine rather than ruin the engine. But change back to engine oil of the proper vis at your earliest convenience.

PC

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png