Harley Electraglide Standard Returns

Jack Klarich

18000+ Posts
Reaction score
I bought mine new in 1990. $9,900 out the door. I promised myself it would last the rest of my life, and so far it has!

Amazing the cost increase for the new tech nowadays, but it does look nice...

Yep, it is back

Not since 2010 have we seen the bare bones FLHT

It will debut in black only, solo seat 107 M8 engine with ABS and linked brakes option

I said it a while back HD miscued by NOT having this bike as en entry level bagger

18,999 is the MSRP

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/motorcycles/2019/touring/electra-glide-standard.html

I bought a 1997 new, it was a great no frill bike

Hey Jack,

I saw that the other day. Smart move on their part.

Kevin

I think it would make an awesome trike with the right conversion, now I need the right lottery numbers :(. Saving $250.00 each month from my Social Security isn't going to happen. Now this works for me :clapping:.

Attachments

• Harley-Convertable-off-back-side.jpg
    Harley-Convertable-off-back-side.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 246
My 97 FLHT was my second favorite bike

Number 1 was a 92 FLHS I bought new and rode home in MN in Feruary, I think it was like 15 degrees that morning BRRRRR

753618942o.jpg
This bike evolved into the Road King. My son starting riding with me on this bike. He was 5 years old, his feet could not reach the floor boards so he rested them on the crash bar;) I put 58K miles on that bike with NO problems other than a front rocker box oil leak

It does have cruise standard & that all you need to eat up those highway miles. John Maxwell said there was no buffeting at all behind the fairing and the windshield was a good height. I like that it's not twin cooled and very simplistic. I don't like that it's a solo seat and no passenger pegs, but I know most buy there own seat anyway.

Jack, that's a beautiful bike!

I think it would make an awesome trike with the right conversion, now I need the right lottery numbers :(. Saving $250.00 each month from my Social Security isn't going to happen. Now this works for me :clapping:.

Great looking conversion. Is that one that Zook did?

Wish I could help with the lotto #'s. :D

My 97 FLHT was my second favorite bike

Number 1 was a 92 FLHS I bought new and rode home in MN in Feruary, I think it was like 15 degrees that morning BRRRRR

753618942o.jpg
This bike evolved into the Road King. My son starting riding with me on this bike. He was 5 years old, his feet could not reach the floor boards so he rested them on the crash bar;) I put 58K miles on that bike with NO problems other than a front rocker box oil leak

Those were the days man. Lots of nice stuff on today's bikes, but there's something about the simpler times/bikes.

Sounds like some great memories made for you and your son on that ride!

Kevin

I bought mine new in 1990. $9,900 out the door. I promised myself it would last the rest of my life, and so far it has!

Amazing the cost increase for the new tech nowadays, but it does look nice...

That was the time I wanted a Herritage ,but there was a shortage. So I settled on the FLHS. Thank goodness for the shortage , as the heritages were buzz boxes !

My 91 was $10300.00 . Got 85k miles , with one motor rebuild camed out and balanced. I also put the batwing on to convert it to a dresser with bullhorn bars. It’s been 3 yrs sittin since the Tri arrived, but she is on the lift ready to be resurrected.

Yes ,being it’s my first new HD , we had a lot of sweet road trips together, with out any faults. Another reason to get her back on the road :clapping:

1996 FLHT

My 1996 FLHT, bought her new in Feb of '96. After the initial 500 mile service we added the sidecar. she's been a great bike, very smooth and comfortable, much more so than my twin cam... my kids grew up on that bike, my oldest still asks to go for a ride...

I looked at the new one at the dealership, I hope someone buys her and makes many memories as I have with my family on that bike.

DSC08939.jpg

Stunningly beautiful

New guy here, just doing my due diligence about trikes. But this is absolutely stunning .

I want this , but am concerned about the rear suspension not being independent , and of course the cost .

Have some serious back problems ( surgery helped a little)

From what I have read so far the Harley rides real stiff .

FLHS

I purchased my 1988 FLHS, I believe in Oct. 1987, for $10,400, it’s still in our garage

with 276,454 miles on it (orig. engine rebuilt twice). Both Wife/I have HD trikes now

but STILL LOVE riding that ‘88, it’s a great, smooth ride.

YES, simpler times were GREAT.

:Dorag:

For a guy like me that buys a bike and spends the first two months "making it mine" ... bare bones is nice ... if it catches on ... might be a trike option too. Just dreaming.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png