You Won't Believe This One

TonkaDriver

450+ Posts
Feb 26, 2018
Bagdad, AZ, USA
I am now in the Harley parts and labor income enhancement program. My trunk latch button broke. I couldn't find a replacement or a video on how to deal with this problem so I have been trapped by the Mother ship and will be parting with $250. Seems to me the part is designed to fail.

Harley should be embarrassed by the crap that they put in a machine that is supposed to be the gold standard. At least they are priced that way.

Kurt

I totally agree with you, Harley should be ashamed of putting a hunk of plastic for the guts of the latch, you would think they could be better for the prices they charged for their trikes.

All for now Trampas

I've had 2)2014 TG's and not one problem with the trunk lock. 35K miles on the first one and 1000 on the second. If you stop slamming the door, it just might last a bit longer. Maybe you don't slam yours, but that's ALL I SEE where ever I go = riders slamming the door.

I do what I had to do with my old VW Bug. Slowly close the door until it makes contact (to purge the air out) then give it a moderate push = door latches with no problem. Never failed. JMHO

Not saying that will work on every single lock - there are exceptions.

Good luck

I drive my wife nuts because I harp on her- "Don't slam it." Just close it gently then a push with back of hand. Click...

Also, lube it, lube it. When it gets thirsty for lube, the button gets a little slow to pop out. 2011, still original latch.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png