Want to change my legend air suspension

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a legend air suspension kit with lift brackets on my tri glide. I hate it, I have had nothing but trouble with it and it gives me a harsh ride.

Firstly, the whole kit was put in wrong and 5 mths down the track the shockers had broken and whole system needed replacing (under warranty).

When they replaced they put the old brackets back on because the vance and Hines pipes were in the way of the full extension of the suspension.

My husband pulled the whole back end of the trike off, re routed the pipes and gave the suspension the ability to raise and lower to the full extent.

However, I am still finding it to be a harsh ride when going over bumps in the road.

Hubby is looking at another system called Pro Action by DK products. He has read a lot of people in USA are using this system.

Does anybody have this system on their trike or know anything about it. Would really love some advice before I go spending more money. Legend Air cost me $3000Australian.

Cheers

Deb Laurie

I’m running the old style 13” Proactions with a lift kit and V& H trike exhaust. No clearance issues. Just to remember if you ride mostly 1 up , to have them set up that way. Also if on rough roads , no matter what you have the ride can still be a little harsh , but not as bad as OEM air shocks . Don’t be afraid to adjust the spring rate after a few hundred miles.

While you've only received a few responses to your question about the DK lift and shocks, there are a ton of TriGlide owners that have added them and I can't think of anyone that was not thrilled with the change. There are three shock options: 13" shocks (ProAction and Bitumo) and the 14" ProAction. The lift kit will raise the back end a bit so that your exhaust has less chance of scraping in dips and it also makes steering easier. Get in touch with Kevin at DK Customs and they'll help you select the best option for your trike. I'm not affiliated with DK or anything like that...just a very satisfied customer over the past 7 years.

shocks

you will be happy with the pro action shocks had them on an 2018 and rode a lot of miles. Now have them on a 2019 and ridden it several hundred miles and I am extremely satisfied with the set up and a lot less than 3000.00 dollars.

Satisfied DK customer with the 14" Pro Action shocks and convertible lift kit. I too ran Legend air suspension for many years on several two wheelers but never on a trike so I cannot speak to issues regarding full travel of the suspension but I know Legends are used successfully on Tri Glides so perhaps their tech department can assist. I've found them to be quite good when I've had a problem.

And with the Legends there are problems - air will leak eventually and I've had a hydraulic fluid leak (they are still hydraulic shocks, air just allows for the adjustments) as well as an actual broken shock. Unless you retrofit the compressor mount it is in the way when doing oil changes as it mounts right under the motor. And unless you improve the compressor it is slow to pump up.

Now once you get the Legends dialed in I found them to give a much improved ride. But I did not like having to deal with all the aforementioned problems. So when I got my 2018 TG and learned about the 14" Pro Action shocks from DK I settled on them and am very, very glad I did. The ride is much improved and I don't have to deal with all the things I did with the Legends.

I too have no affiliation with DK but I live close by and have gotten to know Devin and Kevin over the past couple years. IMO there is no finer aftermarket vendor for quality products at reasonable prices and excellent customer service. DK is top notch.

Hi everyone,

I have a legend air suspension kit with lift brackets on my tri glide. I hate it, I have had nothing but trouble with it and it gives me a harsh ride.

Firstly, the whole kit was put in wrong and 5 mths down the track the shockers had broken and whole system needed replacing (under warranty).

When they replaced they put the old brackets back on because the vance and Hines pipes were in the way of the full extension of the suspension.

My husband pulled the whole back end of the trike off, re routed the pipes and gave the suspension the ability to raise and lower to the full extent.

However, I am still finding it to be a harsh ride when going over bumps in the road.

Hubby is looking at another system called Pro Action by DK products. He has read a lot of people in USA are using this system.

Does anybody have this system on their trike or know anything about it. Would really love some advice before I go spending more money. Legend Air cost me $3000Australian.

Cheers

Deb Laurie

Hi Deb,

The 14" Trike Series Shock™ were designed specifically to provide the best possible ride quality for the Tri Glide and Freewheeler. I am very pleased with how they turned out...we worked long and hard to get them just right.

Feel free to email or call with any questions at the contact info below.

We appreciate you considering our products.

Kevin

Hi Deb,

The 14" Trike Series Shock™ were designed specifically to provide the best possible ride quality for the Tri Glide and Freewheeler. I am very pleased with how they turned out...we worked long and hard to get them just right.

Feel free to email or call with any questions at the contact info below.

We appreciate you considering our products.

Kevin

Kevin,

I have been onto your website and am trying to figure out how I go about getting the 10% discount. When I know how to do this I will order. Oh, is the postage the cheapest you can do? I think it was $172.00US

Deb

Kevin,

I have been onto your website and am trying to figure out how I go about getting the 10% discount. When I know how to do this I will order. Oh, is the postage the cheapest you can do? I think it was $172.00US

Deb

Hi Deb,

We periodically have some of our items with a 10% Special discount code, but not the 14" Shocks. The TSS shock/CCL combo package is already discounted.

On postage, please write Support@DKCustomProducts.com with your address, and what you want to purchase. They will find the best pricing for you and get back with you.

Kevin

Reactions: MDO
Hi Deb,

We periodically have some of our items with a 10% Special discount code, but not the 14" Shocks. The TSS shock/CCL combo package is already discounted.

On postage, please write Support@DKCustomProducts.com with your address, and what you want to purchase. They will find the best pricing for you and get back with you.

Kevin

Just sent an email to them regarding this and another product. Hope to hear soon as can't wait to order.

Deb

Just sent an email to them regarding this and another product. Hope to hear soon as can't wait to order.

Deb

I know they're working on your different requests, with some discounts, calculating the best shipping options, AND figuring out how to do it all while dealing with the Australian import fees in such a manner to minimize your costs.

You should have an email tomorrow with all the options.

Kevin

I know they're working on your different requests, with some discounts, calculating the best shipping options, AND figuring out how to do it all while dealing with the Australian import fees in such a manner to minimize your costs.

You should have an email tomorrow with all the options.

Kevin

Kevin, you should put a link to the video of those shocks working with the body removed ... that was impressive.

Quilty

I just had to watch it again.

While i was watching it, I had a thought ... what did you do with your air compressor thingie ... LOL .. not needed now ... I know ... I know ... you freed up more room for Mary to fill in the trunk ... LOL.

Those shocks are on the list of to do's for the tri ... I'm still in the adding what I got and figuring out what I need mode ... kind of like you with the 19 ... :D

I just had to watch it again.

While i was watching it, I had a thought ... what did you do with your air compressor thingie ... LOL .. not needed now ... I know ... I know ... you freed up more room for Mary to fill in the trunk ... LOL.

Those shocks are on the list of to do's for the tri ... I'm still in the adding what I got and figuring out what I need mode ... kind of like you with the 19 ... :D

Yep, the MacAir got removed.

Decisions...reading your posts, you're moving along at a good clip. :laugh:

Kevin

thanks Kevin, that's awesome.

Sounds like you have made up your mind, but I wanted to add my $.02. I purchased the 14" shocks from DK for the wifes trike. She loves them. I also took it for a test ride and the difference is night and day. I liked it so much that while in Sturgis this year I bought a set straight from Pro Action for my Electra Glide. Free installation and TUNING. It took three test rides to get things dialed in. While the set Kevin sent for the trike was perfect right out of the box. Never turned a dial. I know you are not in the states but the offer to stop by the shop any time we are in the area was nice. They also said they can completely rebuild them and the expected mileage was twice what any other brand recommended from the dealers I talked to at Sturgis. Kevins help and customer service is second to none. You can not go wrong with DK.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png