Need full cover

Oct 4, 2016
Pontiac, Illinois
I have a 2001 gl1800 trike with a Roadsmith kit. I have a 6* rake and am having trouble finding a cover that fits. Tried a nelsonrig cover and not even close. Is their a full cover for my trike? It is 120” long.

Cover

I looked at drag specialties and they don’t sell direct to public. I know Roadsmith does just wish I knew how long it is. I need to fit 10’.

Dowco Guardian

Check out this Dowco Guardian in XXXL size. I have one on my 2008 GL1800 with a new 2018 CSC Trike kit. The fit is perfect. It is also very easy to get on and off. I've had one for my GL1500 2-wheel bike, the Dowco Guardian Weatherall Plus EZ Zip XXL, since December 2017. It is the best quality cover I've come across, and comes with a lifetime warranty. The sun in Florida will destroy just about anything. Other covers I've had lasted about 4 months before nearly disintegrating. This cover has withstood the test of time.

It's not cheap at $115, but well worth the money.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JDPVJDU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• 71ZB526JdnL._SX679_.jpg
    71ZB526JdnL._SX679_.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 236
I usually use a half cover when traveling, etc, … but I bought one of those full covers from Amazon a few years ago, NICE! Seems I recall it having a zippered panel at rear maybe to access trunk, I forget for sure.

At home, trike has a dedicated room off basement so it doesn't see sun then so I really seldom have that cover out.

We had an Ultraguard that fit our '04 Champion with a rake kit. It was the same one from the '95 GL1500. Had some room so it was easy to pull it up over the package rack so we could get into the trunk. I believe the XT size should fit. You give a call to your closest trike dealer. Our local Honda shop (they sell Roadsmith and CSC) let us try one on our ride before we bought one.

Cover

I did some checking and Roadsmith covers won’t fit a 10’ long trike. However I came across carcoversfactory.com and they have what I need. Today I ordered one that is 10’x56”x 54” for $105.95 on sale for $89.95. They have 3 shipping time frames and picked free shipping eta 7 days or less. It is best to do a chat with them or call to get what you would need. Very nice folks to deal with and all covers, and they have them for just about everything that you can imagine, are guaranteed to fit.

Cover

I have checked with several manufactures and on further questions they weren’t long enough. I even saw one that was 200+ inches long and asked about it. They said oops,it won’t fit. Asked why if that long and know reply.

I have checked with several manufactures and on further questions they weren’t long enough. I even saw one that was 200+ inches long and asked about it. They said oops,it won’t fit. Asked why if that long and know reply.

Crazy. That’s out and out false advertising.

Cover

I agree. But with persistence and asking questions I found one I can use. I think they take one that is already made and adjust it. When I get it if I can figure out how to post pictures I’ll post it.

Cover

Well I got the cover I THOUGHT would fit my Roadsmith trike. Nope. I have a 6* rake making it 120” long. I told them several times the size and what I got was a 4xl cover that won’t fit over the rear of the trike. What it looks like is it is for a 2 wheel bike. It would fit with a little extra. Just not enough extra for what I need. I sent them an email and a picture of cover on trike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png