Battery Replacement

Reaction score
Clarksville, TN, USA Via North of Chicago
My Original 2015 Battery is still in the Bike...never a problem. But have a Long Trip planned in area's not known for bike shops let alone HD dealers. See no reason to not change to be on the safe side. Unless someone has a "compelling" reason to not get the HD battery... That's what I gonna grab. No Lithium etc. Thanks

jc

That is pretty good life out of a HD battery

I am using Battery Plus batteries in my bikes now

I like the better price plus the full 2 year replacement warranty;)

My Original 2015 Battery is still in the Bike...never a problem. But have a Long Trip planned in area's not known for bike shops let alone HD dealers. See no reason to not change to be on the safe side. Unless someone has a "compelling" reason to not get the HD battery... That's what I gonna grab. No Lithium etc. Thanks

jc

Amazon big crank XL 30......Or you can get it from Harley....The only difference is price...

And when you get the battery fully charge [100%] it yourself before its first use...

Amazon big crank XL 30......Or you can get it from Harley....The only difference is price...

And when you get the battery fully charge [100%] it yourself before its first use...

Very good info Bob, Always charge a new battery before using;)

I'm seriously considering getting one of those small battery thingies to throw in the trunk that can start the bike, charge your phone, etc ... Lots of where I ride is 50-100 miles from no where ... "Your not at the end of the world here ... but ... you can see it from here".

I'm seriously considering getting one of those small battery thingies to throw in the trunk that can start the bike, charge your phone, etc ... Lots of where I ride is 50-100 miles from no where ... "Your not at the end of the world here ... but ... you can see it from here".

I got one a couple years ago at Costco . . . and last time I was in there they had one -different mfg / model and maybe a bit cheaper. They are becoming more and more prevalent now. Even the Harley dealers have them. Harley doesn't miss many opportunities to make a few $$, lol.

Anyway never had to use it on my bike(s) but did use it to jump start my SUV a while back when its battery died. Carry it with me all the time now.

One thing to check that I learned the hard way - they won't stay fully charged forever. Every three or four months I put it on the charger until it indicates it is fully charged.

I just bought a Throttle X-Rated Battery that has 600cca. We'll see how it does. I do know it spins the motor over like there are no spark plugs in it.

Glad others get good life out of their batteries. The HD one lasted almost exactly 2 years. The Big Crank lasted exactly 2 years. Just bought a Deka to see if it would last 2 years also. About ready to buy a Wallie World special to see if it would last the same 2 years.

Over the years I have replaced my Road King and now my Triglide batterys with the ones from the HD dealer. I have gotten at least 5 years from all of them. I dont like paying anymore than I have to for anything but as long as they give me 5 years of service I will pay the extra. I always put them on Battery Tenders over the winter time while the battery is in the bike. I dont use the Battery Tenders during the summer months as I ride it often. I have 3 Battery Tenders for the mowers and bike.

Reactions: MDO
Have anyone seen those new batteries that Harley is selling? Lithium FiLe. Only weigh's 3Lbs. Compared to 30 Lbs on the regulator battery's. The new batteries require a special charger.

Have anyone seen those new batteries that Harley is selling? Lithium FiLe. Only weigh's 3Lbs. Compared to 30 Lbs on the regulator battery's. The new batteries require a special charger.

I've seen them at the Dealership...Amazingly light...Amazingly Expensive - and yes you need the new charger @ another $70 or so. My issue so far is that they have a problem with power drain..as in constant on from the security system, and have been know to go flat on ya. That said I do not know anyone that it has happened to personally, just from feedback. So with that and the cost of the package with charger @ over $350....Nope. I ended up picking up a HD for $168 out the door.....so I ended up with an original....Thanks for all the input guys....jc

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTCBB77
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png