Rear Axle on a 2007 monarch11

rodney

5+ Posts
Reaction score
HELP. I'am replacing the pads and shoes and decided to remove the 4 bolts that hold the axle in place. On pulling the left side axle a spacer shaped like a half moon to fell out. Does anyone have a diagram on the rear axle assembly. I seem to be having great trouble trying to find info on the axle, differential, and generally anything to do with Lehman. Is there a specific site I'am not aware of? Any help will be greatly appreciated. The closest Lehman dealer to me is 500 km away.

Dan,

Lehman changed their drive assembly design on your style rear end and I became a dealer for them several years after that design was changed, so I'm not the go to guy for those, but our resident Lehman Guru, member name Lee H Mann (Jim) is and can help you. I'll shoot him a message to take a look at your post. If you can post a picture of the spacer, that would help.

HELP. I'am replacing the pads and shoes and decided to remove the 4 bolts that hold the axle in place. On pulling the left side axle a spacer shaped like a half moon to fell out. Does anyone have a diagram on the rear axle assembly. I seem to be having great trouble trying to find info on the axle, differential, and generally anything to do with Lehman. Is there a specific site I'am not aware of? Any help will be greatly appreciated. The closest Lehman dealer to me is 500 km away.

Dan,

7-8-17 003.JPG

The C-Shim spacer is used to fill the void between the axle flange plate and the axle bearing. It can be tricky to install. Slip it in from the bottom and using a narrow regular screwdriver push it into the void and push the flange plate against it so that it remains in the void.

7-8-17 004.JPG

Slowly snug 2 of the 4 bolts, usually 180 degrees of each other, until plate is flush with the backing plate. Look to the rear of the backing plate to make sure it is flush with the housing as well.

Monarch 11 Brake Shoes

Thank you everyone for the info on that rear axle spacer. Now I have another problem. I am replacing the brake pads and parking brake shoes. Once again everything fell apart after removing the shoes. I am talking about the 2 pieces that connect to the cable that operate the shoes. If someone has a diagram that would be so awesome. Also is it required to pull the axle's to get access the the shoe assembly, would this be easier? Once again thanks

Thank you everyone for the info on that rear axle spacer. Now I have another problem. I am replacing the brake pads and parking brake shoes. Once again everything fell apart after removing the shoes. I am talking about the 2 pieces that connect to the cable that operate the shoes. If someone has a diagram that would be so awesome. Also is it required to pull the axle's to get access the the shoe assembly, would this be easier? Once again thanks

They are marked L & R for proper placement.:Shrug:

I hope you got the correct shoes for the parking brake.

Take a good look at the web of the shoe to make sure the shape is the same.

I bought some from Wilwood that had been modified and didn't work.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miner
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png