wheelie bar ideas

Jan 11, 2014
orange
ive made a few sets but looking for other ideas on it,

my trike is irs with the generic buggy roll cage bumper that i see many trikes with and

of those many weld the mounting of the wheelies bars to the lower bumper tubes that go under the engine,

have anyone done this but bolt on mounting not welded, i have a welder and can weld but would rather bolt on, i plan to do them spring loaded, perhaps shocks

off a mountain bicycle,

so if you have wheelie bars how about showing them off to me,

many thanks

b

These are the wheeliebars on the back of Wilma. They bolt on to tabs that are welded to the roll cage. When I made the trailer hitch, I made it to bolt to the same tabs.

Attachments

• wheeliebars2.jpg
    wheeliebars2.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 173
  • trailer hitch.jpg
    trailer hitch.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 169
  • hitch pic3.jpg
    hitch pic3.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 173
i saw those on google linked to an old fleabay auction, liked them but i recall pretty pricey, im poor so have to build myself

did you design those? pretty ingenious.

we have the same cage, i wanted to reuse the bars that were on my first trike,

i planed to mount the lower bar back right in front of were that cage bolts to the engine horns.

where mine wont stick out as far, then do the same coil shocks to the uprights

but i was hoping to figure out a way to bolt on the mounting tabs i dont want to weld them on, at least not at first, i wont be pulling a trailerso there wont be too much force on mine, more the shock pushing at the uprights if i get my geometry correct,

Take a look at turn signal mounting clamps for Harley forks. You could substitute a heim joint for the turn signal and then put the tabs for the bolt on the wheelie bars.

I didnt design the wheelie bars pictured but I copied them to build the trailer hitch. You could use rollerblade wheels. It's just a bunch of plate and tube to cut and assemble.

ive made a few sets but looking for other ideas on it,

my trike is irs with the generic buggy roll cage bumper that i see many trikes with and

of those many weld the mounting of the wheelies bars to the lower bumper tubes that go under the engine,

have anyone done this but bolt on mounting not welded, i have a welder and can weld but would rather bolt on, i plan to do them spring loaded, perhaps shocks

off a mountain bicycle,

so if you have wheelie bars how about showing them off to me,

many thanks

b

put a bunch of weight as far forward as you can to keep the front end on the ground and make your trike safe if the front wheel is in the air there is no control !

Yes that was the issue with my trike, the front end was way to lite, and over the years the forks got beatten up.

before I could lift the front end off the ground with one hand, now it takes both legs and hands working together to get the front end off the ground.

I do not need wheelie's, rather I would like to feel in control of my ride. Now the wheelie bar is just for looks and safety.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png