• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Escapade Trailer Air Shocks

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the air shocks with coil over shocks? I've been in touch with CSC and they don't have a replacement for the air shocks and don't know when they will have a one. Precision suspension made then custom for CSC and don't make air shocks anymore. The top oring blew out of one of my shocks and I'm having no luck at finding the part.

Has anyone replaced the air shocks with coil over shocks? I've been in touch with CSC and they don't have a replacement for the air shocks and don't know when they will have a one. Precision suspension made then custom for CSC and don't make air shocks anymore. The top oring blew out of one of my shocks and I'm having no luck at finding the part.

Wish I could help, but I am in the same boat. Just haven't made time to pull the old shocks a try to work it out. :xzqxz:

I rebuilt the shock with the rebuild kit sent by Progressive Shocks not Precision mistake in first post. The same thing happened pushed the oring out the top of the shock. I've called Monroe and Gabriel shocks and were told by both that they didn't have any shock that would work for the trailer application. The tech support for Gabriel shocks told me of a Co. in Colorado that makes custom shock. I'm sending my shocks to them to use the eye and post for a new set of air shocks with a 5 year guarantee. The shocks will be 1" longer with a 4" travel so with some air adjustment I should be able to set the ride height for the best ride. More than I wanted to spend $165 plus shipping, but between CSC and Precision there seams to be no replacement shock available any time soon. CSC says they have been waiting for a year for a replacement shock and don't have any yet. I will post on how the new shocks work after my trip to CA in June.

I rebuilt the shock with the rebuild kit sent by Progressive Shocks not Precision mistake in first post. The same thing happened pushed the oring out the top of the shock. I've called Monroe and Gabriel shocks and were told by both that they didn't have any shock that would work for the trailer application. The tech support for Gabriel shocks told me of a Co. in Colorado that makes custom shock. I'm sending my shocks to them to use the eye and post for a new set of air shocks with a 5 year guarantee. The shocks will be 1" longer with a 4" travel so with some air adjustment I should be able to set the ride height for the best ride. More than I wanted to spend $165 plus shipping, but between CSC and Precision there seams to be no replacement shock available any time soon. CSC says they have been waiting for a year for a replacement shock and don't have any yet. I will post on how the new shocks work after my trip to CA in June.

Sorry didn't catch the mistake price was $265 plus shipping.

I guess you did not want to try the NAPA COIL OVER shocks at 1/2 the price and stayed with the air shocks. Got 4000 miles on mine since I changed and am very happy with them. With 4.75 in of travel no worries and my wife weighs the trailer down pretty good. For anyone wanting to replace the air with coil over I can say they work nicely.

CSC Shock Replacement

Tired of dealing with leaks on the air shocks on my 2003 CSC Escapade Elite trailer. CSC now has a coil replacement shock.. $338 plus shipping...yikes!!!...Looking for other options...any suggestions??

So this was a direct swap ? I'm leaking air like the Titanic....

Small mods but basically a direct swap

Still working great. I put about 3000 miles a year on the trailer. My only issue is I only get about 3000 miles out of the tires, but changing them is no big deal.

What mods have to be done to escapade trailer using the Napa shocks

Hi sorry it's been over 4 years since I did the swap. I don't remember exactly what needed to be changed. I just remember it was not that complicated. I think it was something to do with the way the top of the piston rods went thru the trailer body, but it was not that much to make them work. I do not have the trailer so I cannot look to refresh my memory.

any update on the coil over shocks?

Wondering if anyone has put the Monroe Shocks & Struts 58275 Shock Absorber and Coil Spring Assembly on their Escapade Trailer. Do you have to modify the trailer any?

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png