RIP Col. Cole

NC Triker

200+ Posts
Reaction score
Col. Richard (Dick) Cole, USAF Passed away yesterday, April 9. Col. Cole was the copilot for Jimmy Doolittle and the last pilot of the famous Doolittle Raiders, he was 103 years old. RIP Col. Cole, you are an American hero.

The Greatest Generation is almost gone......But they go to their maker knowing that the title......''The Greatest Generation'' Will never be used again for generations to come if ever..:(....

The Greatest Generation is almost gone......But they go to their maker knowing that the title......''The Greatest Generation'' Will never be used again for generations to come if ever..:(....

In my 27 yr. career as RN I have had the honor of speaking with many a men from "The Greatest Generation" who served our country in the Armed Forces. Just from speaking with them I knew they were made of a different metal. The way they described they're experiences with such depth and emotion. It was very apparent they were forever changed men. Some for the better, some not. All are/were living history and should be honored for their bravery and courage. On a side note my most recent exchange occurred with a Filipino women who was present during the Japanese invasion of the Philippines. She described the Japanese soldier's characters and behaviors and the aerial dog fights above her. Just WOW! Again living history.

Just sharing my memories.

Sorry about hijacking your post.

I'm what is often referred to as a "Cold War Vet " 1960-- 1967 Army.

I try and sit down and talk with as many Vet's from any era as I can , I learn so much every time.

The ranks are getting pretty thin from the folks from WW11 and Korea .

God love them all.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png