Plastic Welding

We used to do some repairs where I work on some large containers. The set up we had was like a heat gun that had several different size tips and then some filler rods. You pretty much did it like Brazing.

Like Dave 59 said.....Its similar to brazing, When i had ATC's my Sons and i road them hard and as a consequence we cracked our share of plastic, And i bought a welding kit [a soldering iron and multi colored plastic rods]....And if you can match the color it does a good job....But i wouldn't use it on my street bikes, Its a crude repair at best ;IE, Just to stop the cracked piece from completely braking off, Like an open hart surgery scar...

We have a company in town here that is great ... they can "weld" just about any plastic. Really kewl.

Anyway, I didn't know you needed to winterize the water tank ... so of course the winter cold froze the water and cracked the tank. After spending about $150 on "adhesives" to repair it to no avail, someone told me to take it to this company and get it welded. Twenty dollars later it was fixed never had a problem again.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png