What size trailer do I need

Nov 15, 2010
Columbus GA
Well after being side-lined with a health problem for the last 3 weeks I am about to “pop” on getting my first trike. We have decided on a 98 1500 with a mototrike kit on it. Said that to get to my question, what size trailer do I need for the trike to fit? Yes the front is raked.

I saw that post when i did my search but no one said what the mototrike would need. I was hopping that a 6x10 would work.

The trike is 400 miles away so I need to know before I head out with a trailer to small. I have a 6x10 and was hoping that would work. Guess I will see if I can find a bigger one to use.

I have a Valkyrie Interstate with a Roadsmith kit on it and I carry it in a 6' X10' enclosed trailer. It also has Roadsmith's raked triple trees. No problems, but it is tight walking around it inside the trailer. Just exit through the side door. &amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />
Larry

Nope, don't think it's wide enough. A 7 x 14 would be better - take a tape measure to the trike but remember to allow enough room to get off and around it.

I but my GL1800 with a MT 2+2 on a 5X10 open trailer, so a 6X10 will handle what you need to do.
Duck, if your 6X10 is enclosed it may be iffy on the door opening, but if your trailer is an open trailer it will fit. There is 5 inches of clearance on the sides on my 5X10.

Thanks for helping me out. I would hate to pull a trailer up that far then find I needed just a little bit more on each side for it to fit. I will be using an open trailer.

I but my GL1800 with a MT 2+2 on a 5X10 open trailer, so a 6X10 will handle what you need to do.
Duck, if your 6X10 is enclosed it may be iffy on the door opening, but if your trailer is an open trailer it will fit. There is 5 inches of clearance on the sides on my 5X10.

Looks like you cut the nose out of the trailer and rewelded -- does that serve as part of the chock??

Looks like you cut the nose out of the trailer and rewelded -- does that serve as part of the chock??

Not part ALL,,,:yes:
No chock; put the wheel in the cut, and strap her down good and tight around the wheel, or from front guards.

Duck, I haul a 1500 with Motor trike and a rake kit in a modified 6x10 tilt trailer.
I modified it in order to move the center of gravity forward enuff to
add a few pounds tongue weight. If yours is not a tilt, the axle may be
back a little farther and work fine without mods.

ccrider-albums-cc_riders-trike-hauler-picture4646-a.jpg

You can go to my profile and check out the pics of the modification in progress.

Thanks to all. I feel good about taking the one I have. My wife and I will be heading north Sat morning to get it. I will post some pictures next week once it is unloaded and all.

I have mine on a Lowe's/Tractor supply $ 999.000 trailer. Fits no problem No rake but plenty of front to back room . The trike is 9feet long 56" wide it is a DFT ....Motortrike is about as wide if not maybe less.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png