Cruise control problem

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if they have had the same problem i have with my 2006 1800 goldwing
i can switch cruise on and the orange light comes on
but it will not set and the green light after braking just rapidly flashes but no cruise i know all switches are working correctly we have checked these but was hoping somebody had had the same problem before buying a new cruise control unit steve

If you are a member of the GWRRA. The magazine Wingworld were doing a spread about 4-5 months ago in relation to cruise control problems. Some guys gave info on how to stop this problem and allow the cruise to work fine. Look at some back issues from 2010.

First rule of motorcycle mechanics: If something used to work and doesn't now, look at the last thing you did to the bike. I'd start with that alarm wiring.

First rule of motorcycle mechanics: If something used to work and doesn't now, look at the last thing you did to the bike. I'd start with that alarm wiring.

You beat me to it! I was going to ask where the alarm wiring was connected at. Then I was going to suggest unhooking the alarm to see if the problem resolves itself.
Keep us informed on what you find, please.

Sorted problem removed alarm system
DO NOT ALLOW ALARM FITTER TO ATTACH ANY WIRING TO POSITIVE FEED ON RELAY BAR FOR REVERSE OR ATTACH ANY EARTH WIRE TO CRUISE CONTROL RELAY As that was the problem removed alarm from these points and cruise came back .....................

You guys are amazing!

Hawkeye and tfdeputydog hit the nail on the head, and solved this problem in one day! I guess that's why we all participate on this great forum.

Great job!

Cruise Control Problem

Mar. 26, 2023

I had a different problem. My cruise control wouldn't stay in so I super glued it in and now everything is fine The cruise light stays on but that doesn't matter.

;

Motogordo, Delanco, NJ

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png