VW wiring

Feb 25, 2019
South Elgin, IL USA
Hello all -

Don't laugh - I did'nt do it. I'm ripping all this mess out and replacing with a VW harness. Any reason why not? Not running anything but ignition, head and tail lights and turn signals.20190421_172248.jpg

Seriously though, why pay money for a VW harness that you'll have to chop to fit? If you're only doing the essentials, strip some longer sections of harness from a SUV and use the interesting colors and gauges to build the right sized harness. It will be fun.

^...Wish I'd seen or known about that newer style fusebox/wiring kit from johnnylaw when I wired my trike several years ago, Tom.

I went with the Empi universal kit for about the same cost and it didn't have a turn signal flasher unit built in!

To wire up a trike from "scratch" making your own harness and finding a suitable "donor" fusebox, will take longer and need more brain cells functioning to make everything work. An assembled "kit" takes away most of the guesswork, and is usually more user friendly to work on if any "adders" are required after initial install.

Good luck on your work...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png