Gerbings Heated Gear connections

Feb 12, 2018
DELAND
Ok, expanding on a question I posted earlier..

On a 2018 Spyder RT, my friend wants me to install the power cabling required in order to use her Gerbings 12V heated gear, specifically the jacket which requires the controller which of course needs power coming from the power cord.

I thought I could simply wire the supplied fused power cord directly to the battery (which I found easily enough from the earlier post I made, thank you).. however what I quickly learned is the 36 inch power cord isn't long enough to make it anywhere near the seat bottom where I would have liked to have had the cord extend to.

Additionally, I had no clue how to remove the side covers to get the cord threaded and secured properly to be safely installed..

Has anyone successfully installed the proper wiring and connections for use for Gerbings heating gear..? If so, what are your recommendations..?

Ok, expanding on a question I posted earlier..

On a 2018 Spyder RT, my friend wants me to install the power cabling required in order to use her Gerbings 12V heated gear, specifically the jacket which requires the controller which of course needs power coming from the power cord.

I thought I could simply wire the supplied fused power cord directly to the battery (which I found easily enough from the earlier post I made, thank you).. however what I quickly learned is the 36 inch power cord isn't long enough to make it anywhere near the seat bottom where I would have liked to have had the cord extend to.

Additionally, I had no clue how to remove the side covers to get the cord threaded and secured properly to be safely installed..

Has anyone successfully installed the proper wiring and connections for use for Gerbings heating gear..? If so, what are your recommendations..?

You can get longer power cords, In many sizes/lengths....Thats what i need on my Slingshot.....Got them from Amazon prime in two days...:clapping:..

You can get longer power cords from Gerbings. Your owners manual will tell you how to remove the panels. There are also You Tube videos that will show you how to take the panels off. When taking the covers off you will notice two torx screws with safety pins in them. DO NOT touch these. They are not screws but push pins. Just pull the plastic out and they will pop out. When putting them back put the rear one in first then then look and you will see the front one is past the rubber grommet. Push back on the cover to bend the plastic a little and it will pop in. Watch you don't push the rubber grommets out.

I have bought longer cords and sealed the connections to prevent water intrustion . Also attached to my top console a thermostat to regulate the heat.

Taking off the covers for the first time can be a pain but take your time. You will need a Torx sockets or wrenches and a flat blade screwdriver for the push pull pins.

As others have posted check around amazon or ??

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png