Flooding Along the Mississippi.

MDO

Oct 11, 2017
St. Louis, MO USA
I live in St Louis suburbs, close to the Missouri/Illinois border.

My town is safe, but roads all over the area are starting to flood. They have closed the River Road from Alton, IL up to Grafton, IL which on the weekend has 100's of bikers.

I know north of Missouri is having major flooding. The river here will crest the 4th. highest of all time, at 1993 flood levels.

This is very serious stuff & nothing to play with, so everyone affected please be safe.

I will certainly keep everyone in our prayers, we were flooded in 1996 our house was just a year old. That was a test of our faith and it only grew stronger. :pray:Travel safe Fred

We are getting record breaking rain here and it's all going east or northeast. Wife saw on our rain gauge(Davis Instruments) that we were getting over 7 inches an hour a few days ago. It didn't stay like that for a full hour but it didn't slow down much either. Parts of the area did get that much. We only got 3.95 inches. But it's wave after wave of the stuff. It's only going to get worse for you folks in its path. So find high ground. If we get much more it will finally wash out our road out of here. It is halfway there now but rain has slowed down now too so we might be okay. But look out folks, its coming or already there.

I live in St Louis suburbs, close to the Missouri/Illinois border.

My town is safe, but roads all over the area are starting to flood. They have closed the River Road from Alton, IL up to Grafton, IL which on the weekend has 100's of bikers.

I know north of Missouri is having major flooding. The river here will crest the 4th. highest of all time, at 1993 flood levels.

This is very serious stuff & nothing to play with, so everyone affected please be safe.
I'll be over in Alton Sunday. You can take rt.3 and drop down on Clifton terrance road to the river road and get a good look at the river. There are other ways to get to Grafton. Stay high and dry .

I'll be over in Alton Sunday. You can take rt.3 and drop down on Clifton terrance road to the river road and get a good look at the river. There are other ways to get to Grafton. Stay high and dry .

Alton is having a big festival this weekend. Most everything in Grafton is shut down. They have a mandatory evacuation for Missouri's Alton. Be safe.

MDO, I lived in West Alton mo from 1952 till the 93 flood. It was 8.5 feet higher than any previous record. Lost it All, High wind finish it off with the high waves. I lived in the area, what they called the point, you could see both rivers. The Missouri river is what would top the levee's than blow out. I packed thousands of sand bag's in my john boat, filling the ground hog holes, the water would come through there holes and wash out and take the levee with it. To old to deal with it, so I licked my wounds and got the hell out. Now I live on top of a big hill..:D

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
MDO, I lived in West Alton mo from 1952 till the 93 flood. It was 8.5 feet higher than any previous record. Lost it All, High wind finish it off with the high waves. I lived in the area, what they called the point, you could see both rivers. The Missouri river is what would top the levee's than blow out. I packed thousands of sand bag's in my john boat, filling the ground hog holes, the water would come through there holes and wash out and take the levee with it. To old to deal with it, so I licked my wounds and got the hell out. Now I live on top of a big hill..:D

Right now, it's predicted to crest about 3-4' below the 93 flood marks. It's awful early in the season to be so bad.

That 1993 flood forever changed the landscape in that region. It's forecast to rain off & on, from late Monday night till Thursday noon. Glad to here your high & dry.;)

I live in Davenport, Iowa. We've been all over the news for record floods this year. Broke the '93 record the other day. Probably going to break that record with the rains that are coming our way. Flood stage record is now at 22.68 Ft. above flood stage. What a mess.

I live in Davenport, Iowa. We've been all over the news for record floods this year. Broke the '93 record the other day. Probably going to break that record with the rains that are coming our way. Flood stage record is now at 22.68 Ft. above flood stage. What a mess.

Good luck.

We have got a lot locally, but it's the Mississippi, it starts up north & rolls downhill.:)

But Alton is a good 150 miles from the Mississippi isn't it? I was trying to figure out where the Alton area was getting their flood closure from. I'm just guessing it's from what hills are there unless they got one huge downpour. I just can't see the Mississippi playing into it but I'm not at all familiar with the Alton area.

But Alton is a good 150 miles from the Mississippi isn't it? I was trying to figure out where the Alton area was getting their flood closure from. I'm just guessing it's from what hills are there unless they got one huge downpour. I just can't see the Mississippi playing into it but I'm not at all familiar with the Alton area.

Different Alton lol; had to google alton, MO to see what you were looking at....look at Alton, IL and West Alton, MO. Normally on the Mississippi, currently IN the Mississippi.

Recent Davenport IA pic. Quite the mess. Stay safe out there...

daviowa.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png