Ugly vinyl fender guards...help?

Hi Glenda! Always happy to welcome another lady driver to TrikeTalk!

PLUS...

A Texan!

Ride that rascal down to Kerrville this September to our TrikeTalk Texas Hill Country Reunion 2019! No registration fees, no prizes...just ride, eat, greet, and kick tires! It’s a great bunch of people - both male and female drivers and riders....and we have a good time!

:welcome: To the Trike Talk Family! FROM SOUTH
attachment.php
Angleton, TX

Howdy Glenda!:wave4: Zook is a excellent source.

Me thinks you give her too much credit ... she's not a forensic investigator ... I bet she wouldn't even notice ... of course ... I've been married/divorced three times, so I may not be a good judge of women ... never claimed to be. :D

Hmmm, three times, now I understand why you are 'a believer'. Works for me too! :laugh:

Any auto shop that does detailing should be able to remove the vinyl fender guards.

After the vinyl is removed and the fenders show that they are chipped, go to a LINE-X Dealer.

I couldn't be happier with the work my local dealer did.

100_0556.jpg

Vinyl Guard removal...update

Finally got the trike painted. Got the vimyl off with a heat gun and putty knife. Too little heat and nothing happens. Too much heat and the vinyl melts. Right heat and the vinyl rolls off. Would not recommend if you want to keep the existing paint on your fenders. Ken20200712_114939.jpg20200712_114932.jpg

I watched an internet demonstration about removing the film. They used a steam cloths wrinkle remover. Starting from the bottom, the film was pulled DOWN and out instead of trying to peal it upwards. That kept the paint from lifting. They made it look easy..... Jim

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png