Seat Removal

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to remove the main seat and also the backrest for the passenger?

I see Tom answered you for the back rest , i found hitting the drivers seat after backrest removed in the crease of the bottom and back rest with your lebow towards the back will release front metal clip under the cup holder.do the same up pond reinstalling.

I see Tom answered you for the back rest , i found hitting the drivers seat after backrest removed in the crease of the bottom and back rest with your lebow towards the back will release front metal clip under the cup holder.do the same up pond reinstalling.

I'm not sure what you just said. I tried what Tom told me. I got the back of the seat to come up a little bit, I also get the front to come up a little bit but it is secured somehow right under the drivers backrest. What is holding the seat directly under the back rest and how do I remove it?

I'm not sure what you just said. I tried what Tom told me. I got the back of the seat to come up a little bit, I also get the front to come up a little bit but it is secured somehow right under the drivers backrest. What is holding the seat directly under the back rest and how do I remove it?

The front has a tab that slides in, just pull out the backrest straight out, grab a corner of the seat and pull it up, it's tight, then the frontvwill slide out. Tom

The front has a tab that slides in, just pull out the backrest straight out, grab a corner of the seat and pull it up, it's tight, then the frontvwill slide out. Tom

Hi Tom,

I got the back to come up and also the front but there is something holding it down directly under where the folding backrest is for the driver.

Hi Tom,

I got the back to come up and also the front but there is something holding it down directly under where the folding backrest is for the driver.

There is nothing holding the seat that I'm aware of except the force fit at the back. If you got the seat up all the way across the back, it should slide to the back and out. You should not be able to get the front out without lifting the back up and back. The metal tab under the cup holder keeps the front down. Tom

greg have you removed the back rest first? the back rest is on a square tube that goes through the seat into a box below the seat. you have to pull that back rest straight up and out first then remove the seat per tom's instructions.

greg have you removed the back rest first? the back rest is on a square tube that goes through the seat into a box below the seat. you have to pull that back rest straight up and out first then remove the seat per tom's instructions.

Tom said there are 2 7/16 bolts that hold the backrest in, can I get to them before removing the bottom so that I can remove the backrest?

Tom said there are 2 7/16 bolts that hold the backrest in, can I get to them before removing the bottom so that I can remove the backrest?

Greg, Just release the velcro tap under the backrest and pull straight up and the headrest and a long bar will come out. Grab the rear of the seat and pull up, it may be a little tight so you may have to push forward a little, until it's just above the bottom of the backrest, just a few inches up above where it sits. Pull back a little, about an inch or two, to release the front clip and the seat is loose. Do the opposite to install. I'd post a video, but my Stallion is in the shop getting a new top as the old one is 10 years old and getting ratty. Rick

Greg, Just release the velcro tap under the backrest and pull straight up and the headrest and a long bar will come out. Grab the rear of the seat and pull up, it may be a little tight so you may have to push forward a little, until it's just above the bottom of the backrest, just a few inches up above where it sits. Pull back a little, about an inch or two, to release the front clip and the seat is loose. Do the opposite to install. I'd post a video, but my Stallion is in the shop getting a new top as the old one is 10 years old and getting ratty. Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the information on the back rest, I'm sure I can get the seat out once it is out of the way. I was under the impression that the back rest was part of the seat. I didn't have any problems pulling the back of the seat up but that was as far as I could go and knew there had to be something else holding it under the backrest. Is the only purpose of the velcro strap just cover up the front of the bar?

I love your top, I'm using yours as a starting point for the one that I'm creating for my Stallion. The only difference with mine is, mine will have a gull wing door. I'm a big man and semi disabled so I have to stand straight up and down to get in and out of mine. Because of some unexpected bills mine is going to take longer to create but once it is done I will show pictures of what I have created.

Thanks again,

Greg

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the information on the back rest, I'm sure I can get the seat out once it is out of the way. I was under the impression that the back rest was part of the seat. I didn't have any problems pulling the back of the seat up but that was as far as I could go and knew there had to be something else holding it under the backrest. Is the only purpose of the velcro strap just cover up the front of the bar?

I love your top, I'm using yours as a starting point for the one that I'm creating for my Stallion. The only difference with mine is, mine will have a gull wing door. I'm a big man and semi disabled so I have to stand straight up and down to get in and out of mine. Because of some unexpected bills mine is going to take longer to create but once it is done I will show pictures of what I have created.

Thanks again,

Greg

I think it also hold the bar down. Rick

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png