Installed Type 1

I'm new here, but who is mr Tike? I have a type 1 with some type 3 bits on it but the shrouding is all type 1 with the later doghouse. Pics of what part are you seeking?

all part of the adventure...

I dont know what you are trying to see or figure out.

Google is your friend.....pics of vw trikes just all over the internet.

If you are looking for info about what pieces you should have for the conversion....... then pictures and questions.

I we dont know I betcha we can figure it out.

I have type 3's

I dont know what you are trying to see or figure out.

Google is your friend.....pics of vw trikes just all over the internet.

If you are looking for info about what pieces you should have for the conversion....... then pictures and questions.

I we dont know I betcha we can figure it out.

It was a simple question for the group. I'm considering replacing a type three with a type one.

Lack of info makes it difficult at best to help you.:Shrug:

Take your time and spell out what you're looking for.
Maybe we can help...?

I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but I still don't have a clue what you're looking for/trying too do?

Even though it is not very common to have the type 3 in a trike or buggy (the fan air intake low and out the back) but it does open up some interesting opportunities. Low profile......maybe a stake box bed over the trans and engine....

Thank you for the pics

Even though it is not very common to have the type 3 in a trike or buggy (the fan air intake low and out the back) but it does open up some interesting opportunities. Low profile......maybe a stake box bed over the trans and engine....

Thank-you for the pics. I am very familiar with the difference of type 1 and 3 motors. I was having a hard time finding any pics of a type 1 installed in a V-Trike, I guess my search criteria was incorrect. Both of my trikes, and my laser 917 have type 3 motors. I just purchased an immaculate Wilmac with a basketcase type 3. So since I have no experiance with a type 1 installed I just wanted to see some pics which is what my original post asked for. I, in all seriousness appreciate all the support and help I'm given here otherwise I'd just watch youtubes. But, if you look at my post I was simply asking for pictures. So once again thank-you DeathBySnuSnu.

My brother's, we are all into this together, and we have to remember that we are all a bit different.

I have issues expressing my thoughts to words so others understand what I am asking about or doing, and some times I am out there, or do not know enough to talk about it. I love the knowledge that is on this site, oh and love the help.

I did understand the first post, but just not much help on it with my lack of knowledge.

Be safe and ride even safer.:D

Well Said

My brother's, we are all into this together, and we have to remember that we are all a bit different.

I have issues expressing my thoughts to words so others understand what I am asking about or doing, and some times I am out there, or do not know enough to talk about it. I love the knowledge that is on this site, oh and love the help.

I did understand the first post, but just not much help on it with my lack of knowledge.

Be safe and ride even safer.:D
Thanks! You said it better than I.:clapping:

Now that I have a clue to what you seek...I can offer some insight from my experience with my Wil-mac. The position of the gas tank, pressed against the front of the fan shroud and the back of the passenger seat is very unforgiving and needs careful placement. See "the odessy of wilma" for some pics, I can take/post more to help with your quest.

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/49635-The-Odessey-of-Wilma

Last edited:
I guess my mind always want to make it technical.

Just had a week of writing code and mind is stuck in tech mode. So the mind put that more into a "how to turn a type 3 into a type 1" kind of question.

Go though the sticky pic thread at the top of page. Some ideas to pick up on there.

On Google just type VW trike or vw trike engine then click the images tab. All kinds of pics and ideas on how to arrange things.

Another pilfered pic.

F961193B-88A6-4AF8-A6F7-F29437048C4B_zpsc4agfs9w.jpg

Here are two more with the body off. Question is, what do you want to see to help with your decisions?

Attachments

• IMG_3281small.jpg
    IMG_3281small.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3282small.jpg
    IMG_3282small.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 113
  • vw34small.jpg
    vw34small.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 109
I have a totally stock 1600 with all factory tin and blower housing stuffed under what is actually a duel propane tank cover off the front of a rv trailer. Makes a good engine cover.trike 1.jpg and to top that I made my fenders out of a 55 gallon plastic barrel creatively cut and shaped. best is no need to worry about rust and much more forgiving then fiberglass:cool:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png