• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Introduction

Afitch

Reaction score
Don't know what is normal for an intro, but here goes. 25 Years USMC officer (Colonel USMC *Ret) F-4 driver one tour in Vietnam. Rode a Kawasaki 250 Enduro in the Chocolate Mountain in California and Arizona for three years while stationed at MCAS Yuma. In 1995 through 1997 owned a HD1200 Sportster, HD Convertable Low Rider and a HD Ultra. Put 127,000 miles on the Ultra. Now own an 08 Gl1800 Goldwing with 248,000miles on it. Crossed the Arctic circle on the Haul Rd in Alaska and Norway.

Rode the four corners twice. Longest trip... 17,700 miles done one of the four corners. Crossed all the major passes in all the countries of Europe who call their mountains...Alps. Now committed to PGR missions. Director ALR Post 71 North Augusta, SC While on a PGR mission tore my Achilles Tendon attempting to lift the Goldwing on to its centerstand. Still in a boot and doc say will never ride a two wheeler again.

Just purchased a 2016 Tri Glide and looking to sell the 08 Gold Wing. Will not be able to ride for another eight weeks. Have tech questions but will change threads for that. Glad to be on the forum. Hope to hear from some of you. That was too much, but it is what it is.

Hi Gus,:wave4:

:welcome: to our Trike Talk Family.:wave4::wave4:

And thank you for your service.ThumbUp

Gus! Welcome to TrikeTalk from west Texas! While convelescing I hope you will have plenty of time to read up on all the great info out here. Congrats on the trike!

:welcome: To the Trike Talk Family! FROM SOUTH
attachment.php
Angleton, TX

Howdy Gus:wave4:

Thank You for your Service! flag-for-united-states_1f1fa-1f1f8.png

You sure landed in the right place for information welcome to the group from Western Pennsylvania travel safe Fred/Jeanne

.ps Thank so much for your Patriotism

Acknowledge Welcome

Gus! Welcome to TrikeTalk from west Texas! While convelescing I hope you will have plenty of time to read up on all the great info out here. Congrats on the trike!

Paws: Lived at NAS Dallas for two years as a Group Commander. (In 1967 I was a Naval Flight Student in Kingsville and Beeville, Texas where I earned my wings in Dec 1967. I conducted a squadron reunion at the Chester Nimitz Pacific Theatre of WW II in Fredericksburg, Tx and rode my Goldwing out from S.C. After the reunion took 16 down to Kerrville then west to 39 and took a left to the south on 187. Came across a two up in the ditch on the right side of the road with a flat. I helped him get out of the ditch and on the hard service where he instantly found a screw in his rear tire. We plugged with a kit I had with me and a 12v air pump got him into riding condition. These folks were so nice and really were glad that I came along. We swapped emails and each went our separate ways. This was a good day so far. Rode for just under an hour and as I came around a turn I was surprised to find the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum. Just did get the Wing to slowdown for the drive way. What a joyous Museum. Before I left I asked the ladies if there were were some good riding road. She made some comments about Sisters but I had no clue. I got some directions and ended up spending the night at the crossroads of the Three Sisters. Nice ride. Turned south got on 90 west and rode to Marathon and then south again for the Big Bend Park. Wow, what great country. Finished up Texas this time on 90 until I ran into the interstate and took it all the way to San Diego. So, I do have some time in the Great State of Texas. Thanks for your friendly reply. Gus

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png