Goldwing with csc will not go forward while in gear

I'm afraid before I can help, gonna need lots more info ... for example ... does it roll freely? does it feel locked up? ... does the clutch feel "normal"? .. when you give it gas does the engine rpm go up?

Maybe you're just making a statement? More info please.

But, Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado.

Will not allow me to reply from my phone says it needs to be more than 2 characters

'm afraid before I can help, gonna need lots more info ... for example ... does it roll freely? Yes does it feel locked up? .no.. does the clutch feel "normal"? Yes.. when you give it gas does the engine rpm go up?yes I checked all of the fuses check clutch reservoir it was full. I was doing a uturn on the beach and about 100 yards out of it just stopped going forward.

'm afraid before I can help, gonna need lots more info ... for example ... does it roll freely? Yes does it feel locked up? .no.. does the clutch feel "normal"? Yes.. when you give it gas does the engine rpm go up?yes I checked all of the fuses check clutch reservoir it was full. I was doing a uturn on the beach and about 100 yards out of it just stopped going forward.

Have you look at the drive belt...Any chance it snapped off....??

You mention in your post the reservoir was full, does that mean it is empty now (past tense)?

When was the last time the fluid was changed? The slave cylinder may be full of water and debris. It may need a good flush and bleed.

If the clutch fluid hasn't been replaced and looks like a urine sample it needs to be changed, if it looks like curdled coffee it needs to be changed badly. Water drops to the lowest point in the system and that's the slave cylinder, with water in there it builds up pressure and causes the clutch plates to separate just like you operated the lever to disengage it and when the water cools down everything seems normal. D.O.T. 3 attracts moisture. Get a fresh bottle and service the system and report back.

Spoke to technicican at CSC

I asked if the belt broke....You said yes../..And the reverse works....Reverse is independent of the belt.........Its an electric motor that engages a ring gear at the rear axle.....

No the belt is not broke, the CSC technician said it is shaft drive...this is a 2016 Honda Gold wing, with a CSC kit on it and it has 22514 miles on it...I purchased it brand new and only usually only ride it in the winter months.

I think that it possibly smoked the clutch from sitting in stop and go traffic.

When was the last time you replaced the clutch fluid?

These are wet clutches and they share the same oil as the engine, are you using automobile oil? Auto oil has friction modifiers and its not meant to be used in wet clutch systems, if it reads energy conserving on the bottle you cannot use it and in order to use an oil in any Goldwing it must have JASO on the bottle. If you've got a hard time getting it in gear as you mentioned earlier in a post, you need to start with the basics and that is a flush and bleed of the system.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png