Horn

rocket1lf

450+ Posts
Dec 7, 2013
Hot Arizona, USA
I finally decided to replace the horn. Wow what a difference. went with one of these off ebay.

12V 136DB Dual Tone Compact Air Horn Loud Electric Trumpet Compressor Car Motor. It was only $17.00. Rick

s-l64.jpg

How hard was it to get underneath to the original horn for the wiring. I was told you have to pull off the plastic rock guard on the bottom to get to it. Tomg

How hard was it to get underneath to the original horn for the wiring. I was told you have to pull off the plastic rock guard on the bottom to get to it. Tomg

Yes Tom, that is the hardest part. It's not that difficult. I ran the Stallion up on a ramp and worked from the bottom and top to get the screws out. Then I just used the same horn mount and extended the wire about 6 inches to get it to fit. Rick

Good info! I started to change my horn a few years ago but never did. Just never was a high priority and alway went to the bottom of the list for things to do. You got a good price for yours. Tomg

That was one of the first things I did when I first purchased my Stallion many years ago. I had to remove the shield in front of the engine to access it as I definitely wanted to toss that OEM fog horn that came on it. I replaced it with a Stebel Nautilus air horn. It is compact and will fit in the same location. It is forevermore loud. Here is a link to one like I have.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stebel-Nau...193801?hash=item5d8ae49189:g:2okAAOSwOttcz~ch

That was one of the first things I did when I first purchased my Stallion many years ago. I had to remove the shield in front of the engine to access it as I definitely wanted to toss that OEM fog horn that came on it. I replaced it with a Stebel Nautilus air horn. It is compact and will fit in the same location. It is forevermore loud. Here is a link to one like I have.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stebel-Nau...193801?hash=item5d8ae49189:g:2okAAOSwOttcz~ch

That looks like the one I have, only in a different color. Rick

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png