Loud rubbing noise when turning or going slow

I had posted an article about this last summer, but I don't remember where I posted it. I have a 2005 Honda Goldwing with Monarch II kit. Every time I make a right turn, I hear a loud rubbing noise. If I tap either the front or rear break, it stops. If I let go of the brake, it starts again. When I pull into my garage slowly I hear the loud rubbing noise again. When I start out at a light, I normally hear the loud rubbing noise again. I don't seem to hear it when I am running at highway speeds. I hope the engine isn't drowning it out. I have just under 12,000 miles.

Last year I took the bike to a reputable trike repair center. They replaced the rotor and calipers. The brake pads were fine. I was quite for a couple of weeks and then the rubbing sound came back. I am going to go back to the repair center next week, but no one seems to know where it is coming from. Any help anyone can offer me would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to ride the bike know that possible I am ruining something by riding. The cycle was serviced by Ace Motorworks, Pitman, New Jersey. They are good people ( Patrick ) the owner worked very hard last summer and we thought the problem was solved. It's not.

Motogordo

Delanco, New Jersey

Those rotors are 'expensive'. I have a feeling the rotors and/or brake pads are not the problem. Just a feeling, but then I did not see under there, nor do I know what the trike mechanic found. Hope they get you fixed, keep us posted.

rubbing noise when going slow

Could the master or secondary cylinder be having up? When was the last time the fluid was flushed and replaced?

the fluid was replaced last year when the replaced the rotor and calipers. I just spoke to the owner of " Ace Motorworks " where it was repaired. He seems to think it could be in the shims. Another person on trike talk said the same thing. I am bringing it to him next week. He feels that it can still be run without harming anything.

rubbing noise when going slow

Those rotors are 'expensive'. I have a feeling the rotors and/or brake pads are not the problem. Just a feeling, but then I did not see under there, nor do I know what the trike mechanic found. Hope they get you fixed, keep us posted.

the rear rotor and calipers were replaced last year when the problem started. I was hoping that was the fix. It wasn't. The mechanics feel as though it might be shims. I am bringing it down next week.

the rear rotor and calipers were replaced last year when the problem started. I was hoping that was the fix. It wasn't. The mechanics feel as though it might be shims. I am bringing it down next week.

Talk to your techs about doing a run out check on the rotors

I bet 1 or both are out of spec

I spoke with ACE a week or so ago about your problem. I told them several things to check. I will also make another suggestion to them given the year of your motorcycle. Some brake noise will have to be acceptable, but it can be minimized once they isolate the exact cause.

Just out of curiosity, what wheels do you have on the back of the trike ?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png