• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Rubbing noise

jjvw

700+ Posts
Reaction score
I have a champion kit on my roadstar. We have 50k on the kit. On a ride yesterday, we noticed a rubbing sound as we did a left side u turn. I haven't tried a right side u turn yet. I check tire clearance and lug nuts. It sounds like rear drive train noise to me. Belt tension is ok. I had the body off, last summer for a check up and everything was tight and in spec. Any ideas besides not doing u turns?

Jan & John

I hate stuff like this ... could ne lots of stuff. I'd put the trike rear wheels off the ground and check for wheel bearing play, get the trike in neutral and spin the power train from the wheels.

I'm guessing it doesn't do it when going straight? When it's up "wiggle" and "turn" everything you can and look for play and listen for noise.

I hate stuff like this ... could ne lots of stuff. I'd put the trike rear wheels off the ground and check for wheel bearing play, get the trike in neutral and spin the power train from the wheels.

I'm guessing it doesn't do it when going straight? When it's up "wiggle" and "turn" everything you can and look for play and listen for noise.

Thanks. I will do that, when I get thru rebuilding the TBI in our motorhome. Gramma wants to camp on the beach next week.

John, check your shocks. Might be a tire rubbing when under a load. Where is your shock preload set at? You can rotate it a notch or three on both sides to increase preload and that may cure the issue, or if they are the original shocks, it's probably time to replace them.

I have a champion kit on my roadstar. We have 50k on the kit. On a ride yesterday, we noticed a rubbing sound as we did a left side u turn. I haven't tried a right side u turn yet. I check tire clearance and lug nuts. It sounds like rear drive train noise to me. Belt tension is ok. I had the body off, last summer for a check up and everything was tight and in spec. Any ideas besides not doing u turns?

Jan & John

I have the same issue what was the fix for you

thanks

Jan & John

Is that Independent Suspension?

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png