What Trips Do You Have Planned for 2019?

Jun 15, 2013
Red Banks, MS
(saw a post like this on another forum...thought it was a great idea)

What are you planning for 2019?

From location to location?

Is it a straightest route type or is a whimsical see were the road takes you kinda trip?

Are you riding by yourself or with a group (size of the group)?

Preparations to the bike?

Pre-planning or off the cuff?

Minimum miles you expect to cover on this trip?

Camping or Hotel?

Must have equipment?

Why?

Sights you are for sure going to see?

Kevin

I'll start it out-

What are you planning for 2019?

Two Big Trips-

Black Hills, Grand Teton, Colorado

New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland

From location to location?

Is it a straightest route type or is a whimsical see were the road takes you kinda trip?

Straight thru to the Black Hill, then wander around the area for 5 days, then over to the Grand Teton Mountains, then to Colorado Rockies

Planned out, with points of interest to see in NB, NS and ferries and motels already reserved for the circle around NF

Are you riding by yourself or with a group (size of the group)?

Myself and Mary

Preparations to the bike?

Normal maintenance

Pre-planning or off the cuff?

Parts pre-planned, parts just wandering around, where the road takes us

Minimum miles you expect to cover on this trip?

2500 miles on the bike

4000 km on the Trike

Camping or Hotel?

Neither. Using Toy Hauler as base camp. Except on Newfoundland, where we'll be in motels

Must have equipment?

Cameras

Why?

Fun

Sights you are for sure going to see?

Needles

Mt. Rushmore

Custer National Park

Badlands (maybe)

Deadwood

Devils Tower

Spearfish Canyon

Grand Teton National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park

Hopewell Rocks

Halifax

Sydney

Cabot Trail

St. John's

Dildo Run Provincial Park

Twillingate

Gros Morne National Park

Prince Edward Island

.Kevin

We will cover a little of the same ground Kevin. The rest of the checklist really doesn't apply since we take our home with us, including the garage where the trike is parked.

Finished with SE Alabama.

Finished with western Tennessee.

Heading to Black Hills in a couple weeks.

Wyoming/Colorado first half of July.

Southern Utah second half of July.

Arizona, New Mexico, Texas in August.

(Sept back north to watch grandkids football games)

Western TN and NC mountains in October.

Alabama in November.

Home to Florida for the winter.

I'm going to buy my oil this week to do my second (5,000 mile) service on the 19. I figure by the time we get back to Florida in the fall will probably be hitting the 15,000 to 20,000 miles mark.

We are meeting two other couples on TGs at a couple of our locations this year for some riding, other than that we ride alone. We generally like to stay at least a week in each area and ride every day, sometimes taking a break on Saturday or Sunday.

Safe travels!

We will cover a little of the same ground Kevin. The rest of the checklist really doesn't apply since we take our home with us, including the garage where the trike is parked.

Finished with SE Alabama.

Finished with western Tennessee.

Heading to Black Hills in a couple weeks.

Wyoming/Colorado first half of July.

Southern Utah second half of July.

Arizona, New Mexico, Texas in August.

(Sept back north to watch grandkids football games)

Western TN and NC mountains in October.

Alabama in November.

Home to Florida for the winter.

I'm going to buy my oil this week to do my second (5,000 mile) service on the 19. I figure by the time we get back to Florida in the fall will probably be hitting the 15,000 to 20,000 miles mark.

We are meeting two other couples on TGs at a couple of our locations this year for some riding, other than that we ride alone. We generally like to stay at least a week in each area and ride every day, sometimes taking a break on Saturday or Sunday.

Safe travels!

If you want a riding partner, I am in NW AZ let us know when and where and maybe we can take a ride or two.

Kurt

I was planning:

Grand Junction, Co. to Williamstown. Ky.

Then to Red Banks, Ms.

From there to Kerrville, Tx

Then back to Grand Junction, Co.

However .. I've run into a snag ... gotta find someone to deal with my fish tank .. a week to 10 days, mom can add water ... she can't do the water changes ... Might just do Kerrville .. i am asking the fish store guy ... and he's considering it ... so we'll see

Also going to the Hog rally in Breckenridge (day trip) to meet up with a TT Member.

Supposed to be going to the 4 corners rally to meet up with MDO.

If you want a riding partner, I am in NW AZ let us know when and where and maybe we can take a ride or two.

Kurt

I might take you up on that Kurt. We will be in a campground around Williams sometime close to August 1 or so. Want to ride the Grand Canyon area one day for sure. I'm sure your local knowledge would make our stay and riding in that area much better.

Thanks!

Update

The September trip is still a work in progress.

The Hog Ralley 6/27/19 ... was gonna be a day trip, but, I just scored a hotel room like 8 miles from the rally .... so it will be an overnight trip ... :D

The four corners rally Labor day was also gonna be a day trip ... but ... now I have a reservation for 8/30/19 to make it an overnight trip ... :D

Wife & I are leaving a week from Sat. on about a 5k + trip out West & hooking up with LadyonaMission in Dodge City & riding quite a few Natl Parks in Utah,Idaho, Mt. & whatever else we see along the way. Then later in the summer, Maggie Valley gathering and of course Kerrville again. Still waiting on a date for KvilleScreenshot (5).png Tentative route

I'm riding from St. Louis, MO to Durango, CO for the 4 Corners Motorcycle Rally over the Labor day weekend. https://www.fourcornersmotorcyclerally.com/ This basically covers going west across Missouri, Kansas & Colorado.

As of now, there should be 3 of us making the trip, about 2,250 + any riding we do there.

I am pretty much taking care of my Freewheeler routine maintenance all the time, a piece at a time, but will give it a through check prior to leaving, and will do a full service on my return.

As far as where we are staying, we are playing it by ear. My middle son helps put this rally on, so I'm looking forward to seeing him.

Now where would be the fun if I planned this.;) My son should have his big toy hauler trailer there.

I will keep that in mind though, thanks.

I used to "fly by the seat of my pants" .... now ... with the CPAP, Coffee pot and other creature comforts I can't live without, I have to plan a roof over my head with at least two electrical outlets ... I'm so spoiled ... :AGGHH:

"You're a better man than I Gunga Din"

My trip plan, 3/4 days, depending on the weather, on the Blue Ridge Parkway, this month. Get on at Charlottesville VA, off at Cherokee, NC. Hope this is not my last rodeo of long rides, we shall see.

Wife & I are leaving a week from Sat. on about a 5k + trip out West & hooking up with LadyonaMission in Dodge City & riding quite a few Natl Parks in Utah,Idaho, Mt. & whatever else we see along the way. Then later in the summer, Maggie Valley gathering and of course Kerrville again. Still waiting on a date for KvilleView attachment 72563 Tentative route

If they get tired of me they can press "Go Home" on my GPS. :)

I am so excited about this trip. My late S/O, Bill, and I were planning a National Park trip before he started having health problems, he got better, we planned some more then he passed away. One more thing about to be crossed off my Bucket List. :clapping:

If they get tired of me they can press "Go Home" on my GPS. :)

I am so excited about this trip. My late S/O, Bill, and I were planning a National Park trip before he started having health problems, he got better, we planned some more then he passed away. One more thing about to be crossed off my Bucket List. :clapping:

One week from today we will leave Oh. One week from tomorrow , we will see you in Dodge City. Janiene packed last week & wanted to leave then. lololol No "Go Home" button for you Lola.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png