Turning radius for trike

Apr 30, 2015
pineville, la
I have a friend building or should say rebuilding his trike. He is stretching it an e enormous amount and putting a huge amount of rake. From what I can see it is going to take a football field to turn around. Is there any type formula to use to figure out I guess it would be the turning radius. I know my Roadhawk turns on a dime. Just wondering. I don't think he realizes what the turning radius is going to be. Thanks.

Hmm, a formula for that would be way over my pay grade, haa. But actually my long springer (53" long with 52 degree rake) turns tighter than I would have guessed. I don't have any kind of steering "stops" besides the triple tree hitting the frame, so it will turn close to 90 degrees. It's never been an issue turning into tight parking spots, or anyplace else. The no "stops" is why mine turns tight, probably wouldn't with factory type neck with stops.

More important would be the trail. As you both may know, a wrong trail can end very bad. I'm guessing your friend has done his homework that goes with building forks.

How far along is he with the build? Sounds interesting, maybe I'll see yall on the road one day.

PICTURES, WE LOVE PICTURES!!! See if you can get your friend to register and post some pictures of the rebuild. As anyone whose been here for any length of time knows, the Peanut Gallery comments are overwhelmingly positive and helpful.

Also on youtube....look up onetonmagoo.

Conrad has put a lot of his stuff over the years on there. He likes the long low front ends. You can probably pick up some ideas there.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png